𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟱 - 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗔𝗗𝗔

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟱 - 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗔𝗗𝗔

It had started as a test of sorts. Honestly, it had.

Doing all the homework, starting all these shows, cheering for different teams; it had all been for the sake of herself. To see just how hard she'd realistically have to work to learn a language. Like, yes, maybe she got the idea from the other girl, but Lynn wasn't learning Spanish because of an off-hand comment that didn't really even address her. Lynn wasn't the type of person to dedicate this much time onto something just because a friend asked her to.

It had started as a project.

But then, her dedication to this farce.... evolved.

As she said, it wasn't like a big thing or anything. Lynn just got confused about the distinction between the different past-tense conjugation. And since she just so happened to have a friend who was fluent in Spanish, of course she was going to ask her about it when she caught her in school one day.

Unfortunately for her, though, one of that girl's friends was there with her, and they seemed to be deep in an important discussion.

Or at least, that's what Lynn assumed. She couldn't be too sure though, because they were discussing in Spanish.

She didn't really know why she stopped. Maybe it was because she was a little embarrassed—Spanish was after all one of her worse subjects—or maybe it was because she didn't want to talk to the thug's friend. After her encounter with the guy a few weeks prior, when he ran into her and Paula and then acted like a dickhead for no reason, she felt she was justified in not liking him.

She especially didn't like how close he and her friend was.

She really didn't like it one bit. She didn't like how deep into the conversation they were, she didn't like how he bumped his shoulder into hers after one of them made a joke, and she really didn't like how closely they were walking together.

She didn't like him.

It was reasonable, she thought. Why this whole thing made her so upset.

The delinquent said that she and Lonnie only became friends after she started teaching him Spanish. And considering that they were still young, that couldn't have happened for more than a year ago, because that would mean that the both of them started working when they were 12 or 13 (which Lynn was pretty sure was illegal).