𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟳 - 𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗣𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗣𝗦

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟳 - 𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗣𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗣𝗦

As much as Leni loved having Lincoln and Lynn's friends over all the time, she much preferred to have her own guests. Such as, for example, Chase. Actually only Chase. Leni only liked bringing Chase around.

She sighed into her hands as he flipped through the pile of mismatched books. Their annual pre-end of summer studying for the upcoming schoolyear was always a mess. Leni didn't remember enough to pick up books matching their curriculum and Chase didn't care enough to double-check. In a weird way, it kind of made them a better couple.

Chase picked up another handful of seasoned nuts, spilling the crumbs over the pages as he chewed them with an open mouth. Even Leni had the decency to look away from the scene in mild disgust, just in time to see Lynn walk in through the front door. Chase must've heard her slam the door, because he quickly spoke up.

"Lynn-er Lynn-er chicken dinner!" he called out, picking at the nut-shells stuck between his molars. "How was practice? You score any points?"

"Can you shut up already!? I JUST walked in." She threw her bags on the floor. "And they're not called 'points'," she mocked angrily. "They're called GOALS. Are you too stupid to learn the difference? Is that why you're studying before school's even started? Huh? You need me to knock your head back into gear?"

The leftover peanuts fell out of his mouth. He put his hand on his heart and looked at Leni in confusion. 

"Ignore her," Luan spoke up from the couch, standing up to stand next to Lynn. "She's been like this the whole summer." She covered her mouth and leaned closer to the dinner table where the pair sat. "Her friend's been away at military school since June. Lynn's just being stingy," she whispered.

"No I'm not!"

Lynn Sr stuck his head out from his room, totally unsuspecting. "Hey, Lynn! Auntie Pam said she was willing to give you another shot at the ice-cream parlor if you still want to earn a bit more dough before the end of summer, but she said you weren't allowed to get aggressive with the customers again if you wanted to-"

Lynn huffed and hardened her glare more an more after every word. Eventually the tension was so thick even her father realized it might've not been the right time. He lowered his voice.

"It's next week if you want to..." he gulped as Lynn started crushing her water bottle in her hand. "...on second thought, maybe I'll tell you more about it over dinner?"