Chapter 2: Wow...

Y/n's POV

I took a good look at the girl who goes by Katara and noticed that she resembled the tall boy. 'I guess their siblings' They both had light brown skin and dark brown hair. The boy had a ponytail with the sides of his head shaved, while Katara had long hair braided in the back and also had two hair loopies, one on each side of her face. They are both wearing Water Tribe clothing, which only confirms my theory of them being related even more. I look to the left of them and see a young boy, maybe a year younger than me. He was bald and had blue arrows on his fair skinned head and down his arms. I know he is the avatar. He looks exactly like Azula described him. Plus, he was wearing Air Nomad clothing, so... I turn my attention to his left and see a girl, probably the same age as him. 'Wow...she's really pretty.' I feel my face form a slight blush as my heart rate goes up. She cocks an eyebrow at me as I stare at her. She seems pretty short, has raven black hair, and the lightest eyes I've ever seen. They almost looked white, but I could see the slightest tint of green. They were beautiful. She has the most gorgeous pale skin and looked like an earth bender, because of her clothes and also because she was traveling with the avatar. Duh. I snap out of my trance when I see some sharp movements out of the corner of my eye. I look over at Katara, who is yelling at the Water Tribe boy as the avatar is covering his ears. 'It's at times like this when I'm glad I lost my hearing.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katara's POV

"SHE'S DEAF YOU IDIOT!" I scream at Sokka, who doesn't seem to understand what Y/n said.

"So she can't hear?" He asks like someone who doesn't know how to count to three.

"WhAt NoOoOO, ShE CAn'T TaStE!" I yell sarcastically. "Of course she can't hear! WHAT DO YOU THINK DEAF MEANS?!?"

"WELL SOOORRY, I'VE NEVER MET A DEAF PERSON BEFORE!"

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEET ONE TO KNOW WHAT BEING DEAF MEANS!" 'Why do I have to be related to this idiot?'

"Whatever." He lowers his head and crosses his arms, looking away from me. "How did you do that stuff with your hands, and how did she understand it?" He looks back up at me.

"It's called sign language; deaf people use it to communicate."

"Well, how did you learn?"

"Gran taught me. Just in case I ever needed to use it. Like today."

"Why did she teach you and not me?" He pouted.

"Because you were too busy trying to impress dad!" He looked at me, clearly annoyed, and walked over to Appa. He sat down by Appa's leg and leaned on his hands for support. I look back at Y/n and see her confused face. 

"Who are they?" She asks me, gesturing to Aang and Toph.

"That boy is Aang, and the girl is Toph." I sign back at her.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, Aang and Toph!" Toph looks at her with confusion.

"How does she know our names?" Toph asked, clearly confused since she can't see that I just signed to Y/n.

"I just signed your names." I respond.

"Oh..." she whispers.

"Aang, right? Your the avatar." Y/N pipes up. I freeze. 'Wait, she knows?'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aang's POV

Me, Katara, and Toph get into a battle stance. "Azula told me all about you."

"I KNEW IT! YOUR WORKING FOR AZULA AND THE FIRE NATION!" Katara yelled. She waited for a response but only got a confused look from Y/n. She then did some weird motions with her hands, no doubt saying the same thing in that hand language. Y/n cringed slightly at the hurtful accusations, but then responded.

"Forced to work for Azula? Yes. But wanting to work for her is a totally different story." I look over at Toph since she can tell if people are lying.

"She's telling the truth." Toph shrugs and plops down. Katara does some more movements with her hands, and Y/n thinks for a second.

"What did you ask her, Katara?" I whisper over to her. Even though I don't need to since Y/n is deaf,

"I asked her if she could tell us how she ended up working for Azula." She said back.

"Ohhh," I say. Y/n sits up straight and takes a deep breath. 'Here we go.' She looks at me and Katara.

"You might want to sit down for this." We sit, as she starts her story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy sh*t. That took over an hour. Hope you liked it!! The next chapter will be your backstory. Anyways, bye Loveys!

-Millie

Word count: 751