Chapter 5

Me: Jett I'm sorry about the way things happened. Can we please talk?

Jett: Sure. Where do you wanna meet?

Me: Can we meet at the track?

Jett: Be there in 10

I hurry up and throw my shoes in, grabbing my bag and phone.
"Jay, I'm going out for a while. I won't be out too late."
"Okay cuzzo be safe."
"Always."

I don't wave down a car and get to the track. Now I just have to find Jett. I never specified where I wanted to meet him at the track and it's a pretty big place. I see him standing on top of one of the biggest jumps and head over to him.
I stop short of him and I don't think he notices I'm here yet. "Hey Jett."
He turns around and smiles. "Hey Delilah."
"Jett I'm really sorry about how I said what I did. I do really like you and want to go on a date but I don't think I can give you the attention you need while everything else going on right now in my life. I don't know how much Jason has told you about my parents but I'm basically here because they didn't want me around the fighting anymore. As if that would really solve the fighting. And my school load is so heavy right now cause I'm trying to graduate early in December. And traveling every week is something I'm still getting used t-" I'm cut off by his lips crashing onto mine. My eyes widen and he pulls away.
"All you had to say was that you like me too. The way you said it the other day made it seem like you weren't interested but we're just trying to be nice to me. It made me feel like an idiot."
"Jett you make me feel safe and you brought back light into my life. I can't explain how I feel these things after such a little period of time but it's true. And I would really love to go out with you but I'm waiting until after December."
He smiles big and pulls me in for a hug, resting his chin on my head.
"I can wait for you. You're the only girl who's caught my attention in a long time." I smile and pull away.

Jett really had me second guessing my decision. It just feels so natural with him I don't even have to try. I know I only have a couple more weeks before I go back home and I won't see Jett until I don't know when. I'm trying to take in and remember as much about him as possible. Before I know it the day to go back home has come and I'm dreading it.
"D we gotta leave soon!" Jason yells upstairs while I finish packing my last couple things.
I look back at the room that was mine for the summer and I start to cry a bit. I had so many good memories here, mostly with Jett. He always came over whenever he could and would stay the night before he had to fly back home. The brothers flew in to say goodbye to me. I went downstairs and quickly wiped my small tears away.
"You ready?" I gave him a look saying I most definitely was not. "I know I know." We all pile into Jason's car and start the hour drive to the airport.
I let Hunter take the front seat so I could sit next to Jett. I rest my head on his shoulder and he puts his hand on my thigh and gives it a light squeeze.

I guess I fall asleep because the next thing I know Jett is waking me up.
"I don't wanna."
"Trust me I don't want you to go either but apparently you have to go and finish college so you can graduate in December." I nod and peel myself off of him.
We all get out of the car and the boys grab my bags for me. We walk into the airport and I stop knowing this is as far as they're allowed to come with me. After all you can get through security unless you're a parent dropping off a minor and I am definitely not a minor anymore. In fact I'm older than Jett by two years. I turn around and face the boys with a deep breath.
"Who's first?" Hunter steps towards me and gives me the biggest hug he ever has but he whispers something in my ear before he pulls away.
"Please don't lose contact with him. He needs you as much as you need him. He would never tell you but he has depression and it's been a lot better since you came around but I'm nervous what's gonna happen when you go back. He can't lose you." I nod my head and turn towards Jason.
I throw my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist. I pull away and just look at him as I feel tears welling up in my eyes.
"I love you Jay. I'll see you soon."
"Love you too D."
I hesitate but turn towards Jett who's looking at the ground. I slide into his arms and dig my face into his chest trying to hide my tears. His arms follow like Jason's did. I'm not pulling away first so I leave that up to Jett. He pulls away after a couple minutes and wipes my tears away.
"Delilah, you don't have to cry. Like you told Jason. You'll see us soon. And you can text me and FaceTime me whenever you want. I'm only one number away from you. I know it may not seem like it but I am." I nod and hug him again.
I wave goodbye to all of them and turn towards security. I can't turn back around, otherwise I won't get on my plane if I see Jett's face. I make it through security and get to my boarding gate and sit down. I still have 45 minutes until boarding starts for my flight so I pull out my phone to send a text.

Me: I miss you.

Jett: I miss you too.

Jettison18: I already need you back

DelilahA: I'll be back soon don't worry Jett