Chapter 3

Lexie

I have never seen Maverick actually get teary, but I really didn't realize how selfish I was at the time until now. I truly wanted him more than anything, I wanted us back to go back to the way things were before Danny got involved. I wanted to fix our family and raise our child together regardless of the baby I will be having in nine months.

I called Cameron once I had gotten home, and she came as promised. "Is everything alright?"

"I wish I could say yes."

"What's going on?"

"I went to Maverick's."

Cameron raised her eyebrows. "And? What happened?"

"I want him back, Cameron."

Cameron shook her head. "Why do you think he would even consider giving you a second chance?"

"I know he wouldn't, but I just feel like my life has fallen apart. Everything was perfect with Danny after we got married but I just... I was too blind to see the changes in him after three years."

"And you think that Maverick is your shoulder to cry on?"

"No, but it just hurts. Especially after hearing him say that he tried to be the best husband and father, but I messed everything up with us."

"I really don't think you should get yourself tangled up in Maverick's life, Lexie. You clearly broke his heart, and he is now at a stage where he has gotten his life back together and has moved on."

"If I could take everything back, I would. It kills knowing that Callie hates me as well."

"Well, you broke her brother's heart. Why would she forgive you?"

"I don't know."

"Look, I love you as a friend, Lexie but I honestly wouldn't forgive you either if I was in their place."

"And he is right when he said that karma is a bitch. I chose to go behind my husband's back and because of that, I lost not only him but my son as well."

"I guess maybe you could have the chance to get split custody of Andrew, but it doesn't really seem like that will happen."

"I would give anything to take things back. I want my husband back and I want to fix our family."

"You can't take things back sadly."

"I could tell he was moments from crying after I left. He must still care about me."

"Or he is just reminded of the pain whenever he sees you."

"I want him back, Cameron."

"You need to focus on what is going on with Danny right now and go from there."

"He wants a divorce, Cameron. There are no other options. He wants nothing to do with me either clearly."

"I wish I could do something to make you feel better, but I really can't."

"I know. But I need to figure out how I will tell Mav how I feel about him."

"And what do you expect him to say? That he misses you and will take you back? That is only fighting a losing battle, Lex."