Chapter 30

Lexie

"Thank you for giving me a chance, Lex."

"I can't handle the heartbreak again, Danny."

"I promise that I won't make you regret your choice, and I am sorry for everything."

"It will take me a very long time to trust you, Danny."

"You are worth the wait, Lex."

Anna

After I told Kara the news, she had blown my phone up and called me. "How exciting! I knew that it would happen! But are you prepared to be around his kid everyday?"

"He's a sweet kid, I am more than ready."

"Well, I am happy for you, Anna."

"Thanks, I am happy as well."

"I hope things work out for you guys."

"Me too."

After I got off of the phone with Kara, I made breakfast for Andrew and Maverick. I heard two sets of footsteps upstairs and felt Maverick's arms wrap around my waist. "Morning, baby."

"Hi."

"You made breakfast for us?"

"I make some pretty good Belgium waffles and I figured that Andrew would want some."

"Absolutely, although I could've done it."

"Nonsense. Take a seat."

"Are the waffles good, Andrew?"

"Yes, thank you!"

"He has nice manners."

Maverick nodded. "I tried my best to instill good manners."

"Well, you are a great father, Mav. Isn't he, Andrew?"

"Yes. Can I go to Aunt Callie's today, daddy?"

"Yes, you can. Let me give her a call."

After Maverick had a brief phone call, Andrew ran upstairs and grabbed his bag. "Can I stay the night with Drake, daddy? Please?"

"Of course."

"Yay!"

We had dropped him off and came back to the house, relaxing on the couch. "I love Andrew, he's a sweet kid."

Maverick nodded. "I try my best to be a good father. I failed as a husband, but I think I've done pretty good in terms of being a single dad."

"I am sure you didn't fail as a husband, Maverick. Although I've only known you for a few years, I am sure that you were a great husband. She just didn't appreciate you."

"We've moved past it, but it still bothers me sometimes."

"Well, I hope that I can make your life better now."

He nodded and kissed my forehead. "I know that you will, and I hope that you at some point will move in with us."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. Not quite yet, but within the next few months pending on how our relationship goes."

"Are we still going to dinner tonight?"

"Yes. As long as you are okay with it. Considering that Callie won't be going, it'll just be the four of us."

"Sounds good."

*** Later that day: I was pawing through my closet until I found a knee length black dress and my black Gucci heels. I personally was beyond nervous to be around his father and ex-wife, but I knew that everything would work out.

After I met Maverick at his house, he looked beyond handsome wearing a dress shirt and pants. "You look amazing."

He smirked. "So do you, I will be sure to show you that later."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see. Shall we go?"

"Yes."

He helped me get into his truck and the feeling of riding passenger in his truck only made things more real. I have wanted to be with this man for years and he is now all mine.