3. Circle of Friends

You attend a post-exam party and dance well into the night. You drink too much and Drake becomes chatty.

 You drink too much and Drake becomes chatty

3. Circle of Friends

Flashing lights interrupted you and a police car appeared. When the cops began to question you about the incident you realized Drake had already left.

One policeman collected the knives as evidence, and when he put them in plastic bags you clearly saw there was no blood on either.

Had you imagined the drop on Drake's cufflink?

After taking your names, the cops drove away in the direction the bikers had gone. They said since nobody had been hurt, and the crooks hadn't stolen anything, chances were slim it would amount to much unless they found them and could prove the knives were theirs.

On the way home, Catrine, Andreas and you talked about Drake. Where had he gone, and why?

"Perhaps he was afraid because he used karate on the bikers," said Catrine. "I'm sure that's illegal."

"Not if done in self-defense," Andreas objected.

"Maybe he didn't know that."

Neither of you knew where he lived or had his number, so there was no way to know. You hoped he had gotten home safely and that he was alright.

The next day, you were relieved to see him enter the lecture hall looking perfectly fine. Today his suit was dark gray with pinstripes.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Catrine asked.

"Home. I was just very tired and figured you guys would be safe on your own with the police there and everything." Before she could ask more, he changed topics and began to talk about something chemistry related and the upcoming midterm exams, and didn't stop until the lecture began.

In the afternoon, he joined your lab station. "Do you need a lab partner?"

You nodded eagerly. "Yes, thank you." You guessed he probably chose you to avoid an interrogation from Catrine, and made sure not to mention yesterday's event in case you scared him away.