4. The Morning After

You wake up with the hangover of the century, and get to see Drake's apartment. At the end of the semester the class wants to give him a present.

4

4. The Morning After

You woke up and wished you hadn't. You must be dying. You were so sick... And why was it so bright?

You feebly tried to cover your eyes with the duvet.

"Here, drink this." Drake poured liquid from a small bottle into a drinking glass and put it next to you. He was sitting on his bed, fully dressed, not even looking tired.

"What is it?" you mumbled, groaning weakly at the torment of speaking.

"Medicine."

"Thanks." You picked it up with trembling fingers and gulped it down. Too late you realized it tasted absolutely vile.

Drake's lips twitched at your horrified look and he gave you another glass. "This is for the taste. Orange juice."

You gratefully emptied the second glass as well.

To your surprise your head now felt perfectly clear and the pain had disappeared. "Wow!" You touched your forehead. "I feel good. What was that?"

"An American treatment," he said smoothly. "Very effective. Want breakfast?"

"Yes, please!" Your nausea was gone and you were hungry. "Can I use the bathroom first?"

"Of course."

He turned his back when you put your jeans on, for which you were grateful. Your face heated as you thought of how unshyly you had undressed in front of him yesterday, but then you recalled how he had looked when he did the same and felt an excited twinge in the pit of your belly. His ripped body as he finally exposed his biceps and wide shoulders had been bewitching, and the snake tattoo he tried to hide was sexy. You would probably live on the memory of Drake in a sleeveless shirt for quite a while.

After freshening up, you returned to the kitchen where he had spread a classical English breakfast complete with toast, scrambled eggs and baked beans.