6. A Magical Date

You take your love interest on a more casual date this time, and finally musters the courage to be a bit more open with your feelings

You take your love interest on a more casual date this time, and finally musters the courage to be a bit more open with your feelings. He tells you a secret.

6

6. A Magical Date

You were high on endorphins for days after the amazing ball. Again and again you played it over in your mind, reliving every single moment of the – until then – best evening of your life. The green and silver bracelet Drake had given you became your most dear possession and you even wore it when you slept.

The first time you met again after the ball, you hoped Drake would wear his too and that your classmates would notice, but unfortunately you couldn't see if he did; he wore long sleeves as usual.

You felt a bit shy around him. Had he forgotten about the date he promised you? Perhaps changed his mind? It felt awkward to bring it up, especially since you hadn't found a suitable movie yet. Once you had an actual date to suggest it would be easier.

It needed to be a romantic movie, you figured, or else a scary one. Something that would make you able to sit very close, just like in the opera that time. Also, it had to be a long one; a ninety minute Hollywood romcom wouldn't be enough.

A week later you had your chance. You saw that the student theater was showing Titanic the next weekend, which was perfect for your needs in every way. Long, romantic, and sad. You had seen it before, in the late nineties when it premiered, and didn't mind a rewatch.

You waited until the lectures were over before you approached Drake, making sure nobody else was around to hear. Unsurprisingly your body reacted like always on such occasions and gave you a rapid pulse and trembling fingers, but you put your hands in your pockets and hoped your voice didn't betray your nervousness.

Drake accepted without ado. The time and date suited him and he looked forward to seeing his first ever movie.

"Should I bring or wear anything special?" he asked. "I don't know the etiquette for this kind of evening out."

His question made you smile inwardly; you had asked yourself the same thing when he took you to the opera.

"No, you don't bring anything; we'll buy popcorn at the theater. But perhaps you could wear something a bit more comfortable and informal?"