8. A Wizard and a Muggle

Draco and you start dating for real

Draco and you start dating for real. When he meets an old friend, part of his burdens may be lifted from his shoulders.

8

8. A Wizard and a Muggle

After Draco made up his mind, it was like turning a switch. He changed from morose to cheerful, and after many more sweet kisses he asked you to follow him home.

Unlike the last time you were in his apartment, now there was no need for him to hide anything from you. He showed you how he used spells for everything from cooking to cleaning his teeth, and some of his wizard equipment too. He had a clock with strange numbers and symbols, and several sets of black robes which you recognized from the Halloween party.

"No wonder you didn't know how to use electrical stuff when there are so many spells. And how sly to dress like your real self for Halloween!"

He smirked. "I thought it was a brilliant idea."

Next he pulled out a photo album where each image moved. Most of them pictured a chubby toddler smiling toothlessly into the camera.

"You were such a cute baby."

"Really? I think I was ugly. Look, I had no hair at all." He traced an image with his finger, where baby-Draco was riding a broomstick across a neat lawn. "Flying is what I miss most from my old world; there is this sport we have, where we use broomsticks and different balls and I was rather good at it." He absent-mindedly rubbed the callouses in his palm. Perhaps he had gotten them from gripping the broom handle.

In the next picture a handsome man with long, platinum hair was posing in a chair, his lips curled in a contemptuous smile. The likeness with Draco was striking, apart from the arrogant expression. It could only be his deceased father.

Draco frowned and turned the page.

Another photo showed a beautiful woman at a concert piano, her fingers dancing soundlessly over the keys.

Draco's frown disappeared and instead he looked sad. "That's my mum. She taught me how to play." He nodded at his own piano.

"Do you miss her?"