4

One more loss and he was going to kill himself.

That's what Jungkook was thinking as he lost another race in MarioKart (a/n: loser). The Christmas spirit was present in Taehyung's living room: from the cookies left by his mother, to the Christmas tree next to the TV. Other decorations were hanging on the walls, painting them green and red and golden.

Jungkook's house wasn't any different, and he was also alone at home, since his family had always spent these holidays with his grandparents. He did not reciprocate the feeling; his grandfather would always find a subtle way to put him down.

Taehyung's laughter and the smell of gingerbread was familiar now. Something he found comfort and relaxation in. But that was too corny to admit. He was just having fun.

"Cheers!" Taehyung put a beer in the younger's hand and clinked it with his.

Jungkook gulped down half of the bottle in one go to drown the bitter taste of losing with the bitter taste of beer. The older panicked and put his hand on the bottle. What he did not notice was that his hand was also on Jungkook's hand.

Unfortunately, Jungkook noticed and dropped the bottle. It didn't shatter, as they were already sitting on the ground, and it fell on the carpet. But the liquid poured out onto his jeans.

"Shit," he hissed and picked up the bottle, handing it to Taehyung.

The other, already laughing, dropped it again. Neither of them were sure if it was on purpose or accidentally. He started cursing as well when it fell straight onto his lap. The rest of the liquid was too stubborn to remain in the bottle.

"Man, what the hell, you too?!" Jungkook facepalmed.

"Hey, it was your beer!"

"And it was your hand it fell from now! Nice reflexes, you athlete." his voice was overflowing with sarcasm.

"The fact you'd rather complain about me than fixing it is so you." Taehyung teased.

The younger took up the challenge out of spite. Before he could process the thought  his hand had a tissue pressed against Taehyung's pants. Upon realizing it, he raised his head to look at the other's reaction.

The older looked at him, head cocked to the side. Their eyes met, and Jungkook parted his lips in front of the intense dark of his best friend's eyes. Suddenly, a mischievous thought made its way to his head.

"Don't have fantasies with me now, I know I'm handsome," he said, batting his eyelashes like a girl and then cringing while moving away.

"You are." Taehyung said matter-of-factly. He was checking the damage to his pants so he did not see Jungkook's red ears. Before he could give a generic reply (like "Gross"), the older continued: "This won't do. I'll go change these. You come too. There's stains on your sweater as well."

"I can just go home—"

"For a change of clothes? Going out like this? You want those stains to freeze on your clothes forever?"

They stood up and started walking to the stairs. Jungkook chuckled. "Since when have you turned into a mom?"

"Spending so many nights with yours really does change perspectives." Taehyung replied smugly while leading the way upstairs.

Jungkook gasped. "Dude!"  he slapped the other's arm from behind. Nonetheless, he laughed, admitting it was a good one.

In the older's room, a sweater and some sweats were thrown in Jungkook's direction. He checked the sweater and stopped dead. It was atrocious. One of those ugly christmas sweaters.
"No chance I'm wearing this. You did this on purpose, dipshit."

"No, you spilled beer on our clothes. I'm just lending you some clothes to change into, like the good friend I am." Taehyung half-turned. "How they look is none of my business. I chose randomly." He continued but that wicked grin was obvious from the tone in his voice.

"Sure you did." Jungkook glared at him and took off his shirt. The other did the same and looked into the mirror.

Jungkook felt that daze take over him again for some stupid reason. He looked in the mirror at Taehyung's torso. Had his abs always been that prominent? Had his skin always been that radiant and flawless? His eyes followed upwards past the collarbones and to the jawline. But as soon as they moved again they met another pair of eyes, staring back curiously through the mirror.

Taehyung cocked his head to the side and raised his eyebrows. Jungkook quickly looked away, taking the sweater in his hands. "You've been working out a lot." he said, almost stuttering. That was so embarrassing he regretted accepting the change of clothes.

The older hummed in agreement. "I'm bigger than you." He replied as he took off his pants. He checked himself out in the mirror, a visible stain on his gray underwear.
"Still am." he said, as if provoking the other.
"Fuck it I'll just take a quick shower. You can wait, right?" he turned back completely.

Jungkook was not looking down. He wasn't! Why would he? And what an annoying statement. At first he knew Taehyung meant bigger in muscle mass, but the rest implied something else. And instead of feeling offended or laughing it off like a joke, he was thinking how significant the difference could be.

"How the fuck do you know you're bigger than me?" his mouth was talking without his judgement present.

Taehyung, who had just picked two towels from his closet, stopped next to him. He looked him up and down. "You don't remember the last time we compared? Fake friend, bro. Fake as hell." he joked.

"We were like, what, 13?" Jungkook let the shame wash over him like a waterfall of regrets. His face was still red, more than before. He really embarrassed himself for a petty boys matter. They were men, at this point, what was all this for?

"Shower with me then. We can update the measurements." Taehyung challenged.

"Fuck you. I'm not doing that. That's gay." Jungkook thought he did something with that reply. They used to shower together sometimes when they had sleepovers. Not like it was something new.

"Embarrassed of losing again, I see~." Taehyung said in a sing-song voice as he entered the bathroom. He winked before shutting the door. The younger stared at the door, gaping. His sweater had fallen to the floor at one point which he could not remember.