Chapter 1: The Pendulum Swings

It was a normal day in Paradise City. Well, at first it was normal. Everywhere you look, you could see kids laughing, adults chatting, and everyone was dueling. A duel disk wasn't costly, and if you came from a poor background, they would give you a free duel disk. But that isn't important right now. What is important is what was happening at a duel school called You Show Duel School.

"AND I WIN!! TAKE THAT GONG-KUN!!!" A young female voice called out.

"OH COME ON!" Gong cried, as he was hit by the girl's ace monster

And with that, the recent duel with a young girl and her brother's best friend came to a close. As soon as the duel was over, the girl's brother came out of the viewing deck and into the dueling space to congratulate his sister. He was followed by his best (girl)friend.

"Nice one you two! You guys had me on the edge of my seat! I thought for sure you were gonna win Gong-Kun, so nice trick sis!" The young boy had crimson eyes, and dual-colored green and crimson hair of average length sticking out in downwards pointing spikes all around his head. His outfit consisted of He wears his good-luck charm pendant on a simple string around his neck, and a buckled choker, and a pair of golden goggles with orange lenses on his forehead, with a blue star obscuring the right lens. He also wore a simple orange t-shirt with a thick, silver-buckled brown belt over it, green pants with what appear to be "Deck pockets" on each leg, and magenta shoes, as well as crimson wristbands. He also wears his gold and red lined white school jacket over his shoulders like a cape.

"Yea! But then again, nothing we don't expect from one of our top students!" The female friend of the siblings chimed in. She had blue eyes and dark pink mid back-length hair, which she wore tied up in pigtails, clipped down by blue, spherical hair clips. Her hair also features two lighter pink bangs that fall to the side of her face. Her outfit consists of a sleeveless light-blue and white shirt with a green musical note on the right collar, along with a pink tie, which she wears with a maroon skirt, dark stockings, and pink sneakers.the right collar, along with a pink tie, which she wears with a maroon skirt, dark stockings, and pink sneakers.

"But Gong still can't believe Gong lost to you..." Gong sighed, with a dejected look on his face. He had a huge frame, easily equivalent in height to some adults, even though he was just a teenager. While he has a fairly round face, he is stockily built and rather muscular. He styled his hair into a large pompadour, which was restrained by a red sash like a headband. He was wearing a red and yellow jacket like Yuya, and a buttoned white coat that has golden trim, as well as white pants. He wore a white sash crossed over his back, tied at the left shoulder, and wore heavy sandals.

The young girl beamed at the compliments. "Thanks, Yuya-Ni and Zuzu-Chan! Gong-Kun, maybe you should try Action Dueling every once in a while. You don't have to though, since I get you prefer your Heavystrong dueling instead." The young girl said. She had crimson eyes and green and red hair just like Yuya. She also wore goggles with a crescent moon on her left lens, but instead of wearing a uniform like everyone else, she wore a simple gray shirt and skirt with knee high brown boots. She also had a pendant, but it was a diamond.

"Nah Kailee-Chan, you have your dueling style, and Gong's got his," Gong smiled.

"Say sis, wanna go get ice-cream after I duel Gong-Kun?" Yuya inquired as he leaned onto her back in a friendly way.

"Heck yeah! Say, you guys wanna come with us?" Kailee asked as she gave Yuya a quick hug.

"Only if dad doesn't stop me, then sure!" Zuzu chirped. Her dad was the principal, so she was always having to help him out with everything.

"Gong thinks it's fine," Gong smiled. "Ready to duel Yuya?"

"Yep! It's time to swing int-" Yuya started, but was cut by the principal's voice.