Chapter 2: New Path

Is everything OK with you Kailee-Chan?

That was the first thing 'Ray' said to her protege as she silently stared at the young adult. 'Ray' was genuinely concerned, considering the fact that she and Kailee shared a mind link, which meant that one could hear the other's thoughts and share their feelings. And unlike Zy 'Ray,' she can't block her thoughts out. But right now, she was radio silent. But then she realized that Kailee was staring at her closet.

You see, the teen had heard something when she saw 'Ray' for the first time. Something that came from her closet. But... when she honed all of her senses, she felt that there was an unfamiliar Duel Spirit... a whole deck's worth. But the thing is, even when she changes into her oversized sweater and mini shorts to sleep in like right now, she left her deck and extra cards in her bedside drawer. So that meant...

...Someone's hiding in my closet, Ray-Chan. Can you leave for a little bit? I know how to fight, I'll be fine...

Fine. But DO NOT do anything that will get you taken into custody. I'll tell you this now, I can hear and see what you see and hear, so don't try to hide anything.

Okay, stop being my mom. I get you're my mentor, but you need to chill.

... *sigh* Just how did your mom raise you... all right, be careful Kailee-Chan...

Once 'Ray' left, Kailee got up from her bed. She casually walked over to her vanity and opened the large drawer. Inside was a heavy baseball. She casually threw it up and caught it a few times as she kept an eye on the closet, but made sure that the possible burglar didn't know she knew he was there.

Any second... and...

Now!

Kailee threw the sturdy sphere at the closet, and hit the chest of the crook. He gave a cry and fell out of the closet and onto the floor. While Kailee could not see his identity, she could tell it was a boy, and judging by the looks of it, a teenager. But... What was he doing in her closet? She should probably tie him up. But what would she use...

Just then, her eyes fell upon a roll of tape. She felt her lips curl into a sinister smile.

PERFECT!

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, my head...

"Are you up yet?"

Declan started awake as he remembered what had happened to him. He had managed to sneak into Yuya's room, or what he thought was Yuya's room at the time. However, upon closer inspection, he realized that he had stumbled into Kailee, the eccentric and somewhat tomboyish sister of the dueltainer. But before he could sneak out, Kailee came in and figured out he was there. Her response? Throw a baseball at Declan, and now, tie him up with what appears to be tape on a chair, restricting mobility. Just great.

"So, I don't know who you are, but I. Want. Answers. Why were you in my room? And don't act like you're deaf, or I'll punch you in the gut." Kailee growled while beating her hand against her signature bat.

"Why don't you take my hood off and you will find out?" Declan taunted her. He didn't think that she would actually dare to do it. In a flash, she had ripped her cap and mask off of his head, revealing her identity. And like any sane individual, she knew very well who the CEO of Leo Corporation was, and that he was Declan Akaba!

"Y-YOU'RE DECLAN AKABA!?!?" Kailee screamed, obviously very shaken by realization.

"Yes, and so?" Declan muttered, trying extremely hard not to scream these words. He was trying to talk to Yuya, whom he knew would be easier to communicate with, but this was just getting out of hand.