XXIX | THE ROSE OF FIRE & WATER

"We made it! Cinderella's castle!"

The group arrived at the entrace of the castle after they've encounted the Enchanted Fire Grove. However, it looked like they need to walk over a thousan steps seeing how long the stair was.

"I can't take any more walking." Briar sat on the first few steps of the stair, showing how exhausted she was. Fortunately, Ashlynn pushed a button that made the stairs turn into an escalator, making the way to the castle easier.

"Mom didn't want any more of her shoes to fall off that's why."

And so, they have now started exploring Cinderella's castle which was empty since Cinderella herself managed to escape to warmer climates along with her subjects. The group had the whole castle for themselves.

"We must find the Rose of Fire now. Ashlynn, do you know where your mother keeps precious things?" Elise asked the girl as she walked around the center of the palace. "Of course! She keeps the glass slipper in her bedroom shoe closet. We should check them first."

Ashlynn guided the others to the closet, excluding Rosabella and Daring who went to the kitchen to solve the latter's splinter problem. They were introduced to thousands of shoes as they each laid on different racks. Ashlynn opened up a portrait to reveal a vault which was unfortunately locked.

However, thanks to Blondie's unlocking skills, she managed to open the vault revealing a glass slipper, but no Rose of Fire in sight. Ashlynn went to call Farrah for help to which she asked about the clue again.

"The clue stated that the rose is within a disguise that took a ride, its eternal beauty hides." Anna answered the fairy that got her into thought. "Hmm, the rose's maybe fairy glamorized to look like something else."

"Something else? What could it possibly be if there are millions of things here?"

-

The group went to search from different parts of the castle to find what they're looking for. They gathered up by the garden to which Blondie noticed a pumpkin randomly laying in the middle of the room.

"That's the enchanted pumpkin from my story, but what's it doing here?" Andy was the one who answered Ashlynn's question, "Maybe, the pumpkin is the disguise in the clue?"

Faybelle pushed the two out of here way and used her magical powers to remove the glamour charm in the pumpkin that later turned into a small garden, the Rose of Fire revealing itself.

"I will keep the Rose of Fire safe."

Suddenly, fire started spreading all across the room they were in. The group circled around each other to keep away from the fire.

Elise used her powers to dry out the flame, sending snow and ice from all over. She noticed that there was something that was spreading flames, "Everyone, quickly get out. I'll try to stop whatever is doing this."