IV | LEGACY DAY

Elise is sitting at a bench on the school's balcony, hands under her face as she look at the students below, while remembering Baba Yaga's words earlier. Their final practice was finished and the headmaster gave the rest of the time for the students to prepare.

"What do you mean there's more to my powers? And how do you know my father?" She exclaimed, moving towards the headmaster and Baba Yaga.

"I have foreseen that you can control, not only the cold, but some others. Though I have no knowledge about your other powers, I am positive that it will make you a powerful queen in the future." Baba Yaga explained making Elise go deep in thought.

'So it's true that I have other powers? Is this what mom meant?' She thought

She looked up once again, "What about my father?" She asked firmly, dying to know.

"I believe it is time for practice Ms. Snow. You do not want to be late." Headmaster Grimm butted in, not wanting to continue the conversation any longer.

"Wait, I need to know—" She started but was cut of, "Now, Ms. Snow." He ordered pointing towards the door. Sighing in defeat, she went out, taking a last look towards the two before closing the door.

"What are you doing up here? Shouldn't you be getting your dress now or something?" A voice spoke, cutting her thought. She turned around and saw Dexter Charming.

"Oh, hey Dexter. I'm just thinking." She said looking below once again. The Charming went beside her, his back leaning against the railing. "Mind sharing?"

"Baba Yaga confirmed that there's more to my ice and snow powers. She said that it's not the only thing that I can control." She explained averting her eyes from below and to Dexter.

"You mean, you can control other stuff?" Dexter questioned. "That's what she said, I think. She also mentioned my father, but Headmaster Grimm butted in. Honestly, is he that annoying?"

"You don't know who's your father?" Elise shook her head. "Neither does my mom. Well, she does remember some of their memories but not his name and face, like, someone erased it." Dexter's eyes widened at her answer.

"Erased it? Do you have an idea who it is?" She shook hear head once more. "Mom did think that he has powers too though. Maybe that's what Baba Yaga's talking about. I have some of his powers, just not right now. Like, I have to earn it or something." She said, her voice getting higher at the end.

"Good theory. Maybe that's it." Dexter smiled at her which she returned.

"So, why aren't you getting now?" Elise asked after a moment of silence, moving to another topic. "Headmaster Grimm asked me and Humphrey if we can assist in checking everything needed for later. Which reminds me, I, have to go now!" Dexter panicked and looked at his watch before jogging.

"I'll see you later?" Dexter asked, stopping on his tracks. Elise nodded, which made the prince go off.

"Next we have, Apple White."

Cheers erupted as Apple White walked with grace to the lectern. Meanwhile, Elise and Raven stood next to each other with anxiety. Elise was the last one to sign, which kind of gave her a bit of joy. She wants to see what Raven would do.

"I am Apple White, daughter of Snow White. And I, am ready to pledge my destiny." Apple's voice spoke through the microphone. A gold key appeared and fell to her hands.

After inserting the key, the book opened and showed her the future she would have if she sign. Then, a mirror appeared and showed her as a beautiful queen ruling. Happy with the result, she signed her name to the book. Cheers erupted once again after she signed. Mostly Royals were the ones cheering.

"And next, Raven Queen."

Lightning struck in the sky at the mentioned of her name. Some Royals show face of anger when she appeared.

"I am Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen. And I pledge... um..."

"Come on, do it." Apple excitedly said.

A black key appeared and dropped to her hand. When she entered it, the book opened once again and revealed her possible future which include exile and poverty. Her image on the mirror was her held captive by chains, which made her gasp.

As she was about to grab the quill, she stopped. Because of the silence, Elise moved slightly upwards the staircase to see what was happening. There she saw Raven clenching her fist for a while, which gave her an idea on what the Evil Queen's daughter was about to do.

"I am Raven Queen, and I'm going to write my own destiny. My happy ever after starts, now!" Raven closed the book, and the mirrors behind her shattered.

Her actions made the royals shock, but for the rebels, they were happy, that includes Elise. She mentally cheered on Raven. It's not what she was expecting but she's not complaining.

"I-I'm still here. I didn't disappeared!" She screamed turning towards Headmaster Grimm, who glared at her. Elise moved closer to the three of them, smiling at Raven. She stopped when Apple talked.

"How can you be so, so selfish!" She exclaimed, gripping her hands.

The royals booed at her. The rebels, especially Maddie were applauding her. "I'm sorry, Apple! But I can't— hold everything." Raven yelled as she release her powers due to anger and moved it towards the crowd.

However, Elise wasn't affected by her magic at all. "I-I didn't know I could do that." Raven heavily inhaled and exhaled.

"Raven!" Elise ran towards her. Raven was shock that she wasn't frozen like everyone else. "Elise? How come you aren't frozen like them?" She questioned.

Elise just shrugged, "I don't know, probably because I'm immune to being frozen?" They both laughed at her answer.

Their attention then went to Apple, who was frozen like everyone else. Raven then unfroze her. "I'm sorry Apple. But I don't want any one telling me what to be. I want to find that on my own. And don't you understand? I'm not the only one who gets to choose their own destiny." She answered in a happy tone.

"That includes me. We want to have what we want. And not what our parents had." Elise said, putting an arm around Raven's shoulders as they both smiled at each other.

"But I don't want to choose another destiny. I like the one I had. And because of you, it might not happen." Apple angrily pointed a finger at her.

"But it might..." Elise reassured her.

"I don't know, I just don't know." Apple then ran off while crying. Raven was about to go after her but was stopped by Elise. "Don't. She needs some space."

Raven nodded and her eyes went to Maddie. Smiling, she unfroze her as well. "Wow." She fell of her chair which made Elise giggled.

"You're still here. No, poof! Yay!" Maddie cheered. "I know! It feels good." Raven happily exclaimed. "Which reminds me, I don't have to sign! Well, for now, at least." Elise told them which the two nodded at her.

[MALE NARRATOR - ITALICSFEMALE NARRATOR - BOLD&ITALICS]

Life between the Royals and the Rebels will never be the same after Raven stood up for what she believed.

What she believed was wrong. She didn't honor her destiny, she tempted fate!

"Listen, narrators! We are trying to have a nice moment here." Maddie scolded at the two narrators, well, more likely pointing towards the sky. Elise and Raven were confused by her but laughed it off.

"Raven does not know the forces she has released. Her actions stopped Ms. Snow from pledging her destiny as well. The two of them might destroy each and everyone's destiny. This must be contained, before this idea spreads." Headmaster Grimm told himself while looking outside the window, thunder and lightning clashing at the sky.

He was cut off when a deep and dark laugh was heard from the mirror. The mirror where the Evil Queen was trapped.