Chapter 7

Getting back home, Celeste put her purse back up on the rack in the front door and looked down at the note. On principle alone she wanted to throw it out. But then again there was a chance that he could be a nice guy. So Celeste kept the note and took off her shoes. Walking into the kitchen and seeing Holly clean up the mess of the simmer pot that she had left in the kitchen.

"You know I have a feeling that this could've had some helping hand in tonight,"

"I think a better bet would've been to get some sage and sage the house of bad energy but then it I waved it in front of you you might disappear," Celeste joked as she turned on the sink to start cleaning out the dutch oven pot that her friend used to make the simmer pot it. As Holly threw away the oranges into the trash and dumped the spice mixture of water down the other part of the sink.

"Ha ha very funny Celeste with the sage joke, you don't think that would happen to you if I waved it around you too,"

"Ah damn then we would both disappear wouldn't we?" Celeste asked rhetorically as they both looked at each other and laughed.

"Not going to lie, I have to say thank you for taking me out to dinner tonight even if I paid. I really needed it. Especially to erase the weirdness that was yesterday," Celeste said as she pulled her friend in for a hug as Holly hesitated to fully hug her friend until Celeste felt her wet hands on her back.

"Now your shirt smells like fall your welcome," Holly whispered before pulling away from Celeste and started to clean the pans that she used to dry the oranges out that had been in the simmer pot.

"So are you going to do it?" Holly asked as Celeste looked at her confused.

"Go out with Andre?" Holly continued as Celeste shrugged her shoulders.

"I saved the note, I'm going to have to think about it. Give it a couple days," Celeste said as Holly nodded.

"I get it. But also if you do, again I'm going to live vicariously through you since now I'm on the fence of no longer being a single girl myself," Holly said as Celeste smiled.

"Here you are trying to hook me up with guys and you haven't spilled any details at all about your guy. Hell I didn't even know you were going out on dates," Celeste said as Holly smiled.

"Oh it's someone from work, kinda makes you skip alot of dates when you already know the person," Holly said as Celeste tilted her head at Holly.

"Dating doesn't mean hooking up Holly,"

"Pft, please Celeste..." Holly said as she waved off her friend as Celeste put her hand on Holly's shoulder and squeezed it affectionately.

"You deserve more than hookups Holly. You've tried countless times with me. You want me to see if anyone at work knows any single guys,"

"Celeste I'm sure all the girls know single guys but I don't necessarily think that I'm gonna find a winner via the salon you know," Holly said as she looked up at her friend with sad eyes as she patted Celeste's hand.

"I'll be fine, the guy is kinda newer to the company. But I'll nudge him in the direction of dating. Since frankly I haven't really seen anything other than his huge apartment that he lives in," Holly said with a smile.

"Oh well then he had a huge apartment, that just changes everything," Celeste said with a twinge of sarcasm as Holly smiled.

"You've got to see it. It's like a penthouse. I don't know he's affording it on the salary that he's making, well I guess he is in a higher department but still. It's a really nice apartment, I'll try and take picture pf it the next time that I'm there,"