Chapter 12

Celeste starting texting throughout the following days with jake. Talking about their dislikes and likes, what they both wanted to get out of a relationship, the regular things that you text with someone when you are first talking to them.

she would share photos during her breaks at work and soon enough Jake was sending back photos of himself as well and some of him at work which were only a few. Which was understandable with his job of working for a pharmaceutical company, celeste could only imagine the possible NDA paperwork he would have to file for that kind of job.

**

"so, do you want to do another double date?" Holly asked as she went to sit next to Celeste on the couch, a bowl of popcorn in her hand that she put between the two of them.

"um, maybe. I'll ask Jake if he's free. He says he works another job under the table on the weekends sometimes to make extra money," Celeste said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"but I would definitely be down to go," she said as Holly smiled and nodded at her friend.

"good, apparently thats the only way I can get you out of the house," Holly said with a slight tone of disappointment in her voice as she turned her attention to see what what on the television.

Celeste pulled her attention from her phone at that.

"what are you talking about?" she asked as Holly looked back at her with a slight tilt to her head and a knowing look on her face.

"come on? really? You are either busy working or hold up in your room," Holly said as Celeste tried to fight the urge to tell Holly what has been occupying her time.

Over the course of the last week or so she had been spending more time working on her research. which was literally her existence when she wasn't working or eating or sleeping. which is something she had also been lacking with how engrossed in the research she had been getting into.

The pin wall of info that now covered one of the four walls in her bedroom was a very good reason to not have Holly burst into her bedroom, because she would definitely think that Celeste had lost her mind and just from that alone.

"yeah well I've just really gotten into reading, I can't put the books down. Especially when I have a hold deadline for them," Celeste said, the lie rolling off her tongue easily as Holly nodded.

"ok well then if they are that good you are going to have to share some of the titles with me. I think I'm going to go down after work to get a library card to connect to that app for the ebooks and audiobooks you were telling me about," Holly said as Celeste nodded as her phone vibrated, alerting her to a notification on her phone.

Holly smiled at Celeste as she was trying to keep her attention on the television.

"if that is Jake you can text him, hell I've been texting Andre on and off all day," Holly said as she put her hand into the popcorn bowl and grabbed a handful of popcorn and turned her attention to the television once again.

"ok...." Celeste said as she put in her passcode and saw the notification. And there was more than one. A text from Jake that he had sent and an email. About an alert that she added onto google for it to send to her. And it was about the location of the house and a website that she had been perusing to find out more about the history of the house. She had tried to contact the old landlord of the house that had sold it to her. But he hadn't gotten back to her and it had already been a week. So she found this site and it had a good amount of information about a lot of locations in the area that had stories of hauntings. Even if this place wasn't haunted who's to say that a location nearby didn't have something to do with the activity that she seemed to be experiencing.

Celeste looked down at her phone and disregarded the simple text he had sent her.

"So I know this might be random but I was wondering if you would be down for something very possibly weird and random?" Celeste texted to him and she smiled at the confirmation text.

"Oh i'm down for anything. Name the time and place," he texted back immediately as Celeste set off to work on what things she would need to bring with her to explore this abandoned house that was just a few blocks away.