Chapter 8

Celeste tossed and turned in her bed just as her alarm on her phone went off. She grabbed it quickly and turned off the alarm, checking the time, and seeing that it was 7am. Early enough for her to get up and have breakfast and have a slower morning since the local library didn't open up for a couple more hours. She knew it didn't give her alot of time before she had to go to the salon. But that didn't mean she couldn't go back to the library after her shift was over and continue her research.

Getting up she went to the bathroom and then exited it, heading straight for the kitchen. She was pleasantly surprised by the coffeemaker already halfway through the brewing process of coffee.

Celeste grabbed a cup from the shelf and put it on the counter and turned towards the fridge to get creamer and nearly jumped out of her own skin. Holly was sitting at the table facing her. Her own coffee cup on the table in front of her as she was scrolling through her phone with earbuds in.

"Why are you up so early? You don't start your shift until like what 11 today?" Holly questioned as she took one earbud out and waited for Celeste's response as Celeste opened the fridge and grabbed the creamer and put a splash in as she waited for the coffeemaker to stop brewing so she could put the much needed hot bean water into her cup.

"Oh I was planning on getting out before my shift. But I wanted to also have a slow morning. Drink some coffee, make myself breakfast, you know," Celeste said as she was watching the coffeemaker like a hawk as the level of the coffee went up and the amount of water in the back tank was barely visible anymore.

"Uh huh, where do you plan on going? Maybe I can come along," Holly said as Celeste turned to look at her friend with a raised eyebrow.

"Really? Thought you would have to start getting ready to leave soon,"

"Yeah usually I would but I'm suspicious of what my best friend is doing because for how long that I've known her. I've known that she would rather sleep in than have a 'slow morning' what the hell even is that?" Holly asked rhetorically as Celeste turned away and took the coffee carafe from the coffeemaker, inpatient in waiting and wanting a distraction from Holly's probing questions.

She watched as the coffee mixed with the creamer and she took a small satisfying sip of the caffeinated sugar drink.

"So you aren't going to tell me anything about what you are doing? Is it that awful you don't want to tell me. Or is it just embarrassing?" Holly questioned as Celeste turned to sit down at the little kitchen table across from her friend. And took ahold of her hand and looked into her eyes dramatically.

"Yes it is that serious, I've decided to...go to the library this morning Holly I just didn't know how to tell you about it," Celeste said in a dramatic tone before smiling and sipping at her coffee.

Holly rolled her eyes at the sarcastic explanation, "no really what are you doing? Oh are you going out on a morning date with Andre? Got the nerve to get ahold of him late last night?" Holly questioned as she leaned closer to Celeste waiting for the answer.

"Oh hell no, I'm gonna give that a few more days. I meant what I said about the library. I wanted to get a new card and they open soon. I wanted to get it done before my shift. Look around to see if there is anything I wanted to pick up," Celeste explained feeling a bit more at ease with telling her friend the truth. A partial truth but it still was the truth.

"But you have an e-reader?" Holly questioned as Celeste smiled.

"Yeah and I can rent books through the library through an app, save a few dollars instead of having to buy every book. And I can read magazines and listen to audiobooks too," Celeste explained, because that had been something she had been interested in as well. It was just a coincidence that both interests of hers at the moment were overlapping for her own purposes of trying to figure out what the hell was going on with her or the house.