Part 11

Celeste couldn't tell anything about this Jake person since his face went from looking at her with almost a knowing smirk on his face to once again facing down looking at something, maybe the table.

They already had drinks on the table, a regular beer glass in front of Andre and a chalice type glass in front of jake.

"hi, sorry if we took too long. Took forever to find parking," Holly said as she stopped in front of Andre as he hopped off his stool and gave her a welcoming hug.

Celeste smiled at the exchange and looked back at the table and saw that Jake was now looking right at her.

Hell no she wasn't going to hug him.

hi," celeste said as she came up to the table and drapped her bag over the chair and went to sit down. She held out her hand for Jake to shake and he looked down at her hand before taking her hand as shaking it, slightly before letting it go.

hmm, not much of a handshake, celeste thought as she nervously smiled as Holly was getting in her chair as Andre held it out for her and then pushed it in for her before going to sit back into his seat.

"no, we haven't been waiting too long, just thought we would get drinks just in case," Andre said as Jake was just sipping his drink silently.

"so, um how do you guys know each other?" Celeste asked andre, because odds were she was going to get more out of him then Jake.

"He comes to the bar often," Andre said as Jake answered with a smile and a nod as he sipped away at his drink.

"found the place and once I found this guy I wasn't going to go anywhere else," Jake said as he clapped Andre on the back in a friendly gesture.

"oh, that's nice," Celeste said as a server came around and took their order.

Holly ordered one of the craft beers and Celeste decided on one of the beers, a guava blend that seemed interesting.

"oh and can we get some chips & guac?" Celeste said before the server left, putting that in the ord as well with a nod.

"Sorry, I always have to have something to eat when I drink. I feel like it's a subconscious way of not getting a hangover the next day," Celeste said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"so, what do you do? Celeste asked looking over the table at Jake who seemed to be focused on playing with the bracelets that worked their way on his wrist and up his arm.

"pharmaceuticals, work at one of the bigger factories out in la," he answered as Celeste nodded.

"that must be interesting," she said, trying to get more information out of him.

"eh, I do the back-end stuff to help with all the data," he said with a shoulder shrug as he sipped his drink.

"You know you should slow your roll. you know they are gonna limit. you on that drink," Andre said as Jake shrugged his shoulders at that.

"not necessarily, because we could use someone else's card to make another purchase," he said as he looked right over at celeste at the mention of that.

"um, I guess I could order if after I'm done with this drink, I know I'm not going to be drinking a lot tonight," Celeste offered up.

"So what do you do?" Andre asked as he looked over at Celeste with a slight smile as if to say I'm sorry about him.

"oh i'm a hairdresser,"

"best one ever," Holly added as she turned her head from side to side showing off her newest color that Celeste had put in. She wanted a two-toned look of different colors.