Part 10

After how her night ended Celeste wasn't surprised to wake up the next morning feeling like crap. Due to her scare in the kitchen, she was left tossing and turning. And when she was asleep all she dreamt about was that same black mass but it being in her room watching her.

Her alarm blared from her phone seconds later, as she picked up her phone clicking the stop button on the alarm.

There was a crashing sound that made her get up from her bed quickly. Her heart raced as she opened the door and raced towards the kitchen to find Holly laying on the kitchen floor, covered from the waist down in pots and pans.

"Hey are you ok?" Celeste asked as she gave Holly a hand up, making the metal pans clatter to the floor.

"Yeah I guess, I thought I packed those away better but I guess not. Nothing like an attack of the pans to wake you up before coffee," Holly joked as she grabbed one of the pans from the floor and put it on the stove and started grabbing the other ones and putting them away in the bottom cabinet right next to the counter under the sink.

"Hey I've had that happen before, not fun," Celeste said as she grabbed two cups and filled them up with coffee.

"I'm surprised your up this early. Heard you rattling around last night pretty late,"

"Yeah well I lost track of time doing–" celeste said, stopping herself from almost saying research.

"Doing?" Holly asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows suggestively.

"Doing some light reading, geeze," Celeste said as she passed Holly the mug and playfully shoved her friend's side at her suggestion of other night activities.

"Well, just saying you could do alot more than some reading if you would just call that guy back from the restaurant, Andre," Holly said with a smirk before taking a sip of her coffee.

"I'm pretty sure he was more into you then he was into me if I remember correctly," Celeste said as she sat down at the kitchen table, putting both her hands around her coffee mug in an attempt to get them warm since it was still pretty cold this morning.

"Oh yeah, totally was. But I'll give him to you,"Holly said with a wink, making Celeste roll her eyes.

"You need to go after him, not me," Celeste said with a shake of her head as she sipped her coffee, gently so as to not burn her tongue from the heat.

"You sure? Cause I know–"

"Yeah yeah yeah, me and the dating scene aren't in a good space. But girl that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see you happy," Celeste said as Holly smiled in a mischievous way that made Celeste stomach flip and not in a good way. Because there were events that didn't go right and they always lead back to that smile of hers.

"Well, I'm glad you said that, because I arranged for a double date," Holly said as smiled down at Celeste, excited.

"Yeah, well–"

"Nope, you can't make up an excuse for this. I know your work schedule," Holly said, smacking the white board they had up on the fridge that had both their work schedules written out in the bright whiteboard marker colors. It was Holly's idea and Celeste had gone along with it because then she could easily glance at it when she was working. Little did she know that whiteboard would now be her downfall.

"This friday, after your shift is over. And I even scheduled it an hour and a half after you get off so you wouldn't use the excuse to have to rush to get ready," Holly said with a wink as she hugged Celeste from behind.

"This is going to be so much fun,"

"Yeah for you, you know who you are going out on a date with," Celeste mumbled as Holly giggled, literally giggled making Celeste fight the urge to cringe at her friend.