Damon

If you received this letter it means that I'm already gone. It means that you're one of the reasons why....

I look around the table. My parents are talking to each other, about how sad it is that Louis... Now, I still can't think about it. My little sister just stares at her full plate. She hasn't eaten anything for the past few days, but my parents don't seem to notice that. I'll talk to them later about it.

I wonder if she got one of those letters too. Probably. She and Louis were really close. Even though she wasn't talking. No, she wasn't mute, one day she just decided not to talk any more. It's been going on for about 2 years now, so we kind of get used to that.

On the other side sits my fiancée, she's also silent today, just stares at the table. I can see tears forming in her eyes and I feel like crying too.

I could've done something. I could've safe him. We had such a great plans, everything was suppose to be okay, but... suddenly something changed. Louis stopped talking to me, and few days later...
Well, few days later he was gone.

**********************************

*18 days earlier* (October 21st)

“I can't do this any more” Louis said, as I place a cup of tea on the table in front of him. He came to my house few minutes ago with bruises on his face. I knew that his step-brother was mean to him, but I never thought it would get that bad.

“I'm sorry” I just mumbled, sitting down next to him. He glanced at me and gave me a small smile “I'll get you some ice” I decided, getting up again and going to the freezer. I took a bag of ice out of it and went back to my cousin, giving him the ice.

“Thanks” Louis mumbled, and pressed the bag to his cheekbone, where the bruise was. He looked really horrible. “I don't want to go back home” He mumbled after a long moment of silence. I sighed and bit my lower lip, not sure what to do.

“You can stay here for the night” I proposed, placing my hand on his hand to make him feel a little better. He looked at me with such hope in his eyes that it was breaking my heart.

“I'd love that” Louis whispered and I nodded. I was sure that Elena is not going to have anything against it.

“You'll be sleeping on a couch, I'll get a pillow and blanket for you” I said as I got up. After few steps I turned around though, and I could see how Louis had changed since the last time I saw him. We were pretty close, but we didn't see each other very much. Last time I saw him Louis was a bit sad, that's true, but now... He just looked done.

I sighed and shrugged it off, going to my bedroom and taking a blanket and pillow out of the closet, then I carried them to the living room and left it on the couch. After that I just walked back to Louis who was sipping on his tea.

“Hey, how about we'll watch some films to make you feel better?” I proposed, and Louis smiled softly, but shook his head.

“I just want to take a shower and go to sleep” He mumbled and I nodded. I felt sorry for him. He must've been beaten up every day. Or pushed around, or whatever Zayn was doing to him.

“You know what?” I said without thinking “Maybe you could stay here for more than a day. I mean, if you're treated so bad there, you can stay here with me” I stated and I could see his eyes lightening up.

“Really?” Louis asked, not really believing my words. I chuckled softly.

“Yes, really” I replied and he got up of his seat and hugged me tight.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you” The boy said, not letting me go. He was acting kind of childish, but I liked it to be honest. I was just happy, that he was happy.

“Okay, now go take a shower and then to bed” I said with a chucked and he nodded, also giggling.

“Yes, sir” Louis mumbled and walked to the bathroom, leaving it after few minutes and going on the couch. He quickly fell asleep, at least that's what I thought.

I cleaned up everything, and few minutes later Elena came back home. I told her about my proposition to Louis, but she got mad. We tried to be quiet, we tried to whisper, but I think he heard us.

We were arguing in the bedroom, so Louis could go to bathroom, put on his clothes and leave without us noticing. Well, I heard the door closing, so I walked out of the bedroom and noticed that he was gone.

He must've heard us, and think that he wasn't wanted here.

I would talk Elena into it. I would do everything to save him.

*****************************************
I was babysitting that boy since he was 2 years old.

And now he's gone. That sweet, happy little boy, with those amazing, blue eyes killed himself a week ago.

I could've done something, I could save him somehow.

But I decided to shrug it off, thinking that maybe he simply preferred to stay at his house.

I look down at my plate, then slowly get up and walk to the window, looking outside at the rain.

I miss him, I really do.

“””””””””””""”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Hey there,
That's stupid way of starting suicide letter, sorry... I wonder how you found out about my death. Did my father call you and told you about it? Did you read about it in our local newspaper? Or maybe Emily told you... oh right, she surely didn't. Sorry about that too.
This is going to be one of the shortest letters. Not that I don't want to tell you a lot, I just... No, I really don't have much to say to you.
My thoughts are rushing like crazy right now, so forgive me for a little bit messy style of my writing.
I just wanted to say: Thank you.
You were there when I needed you, you tried to help. I know that Elena didn't really let you, but... well, she's your fiancée, so I understand why you listened to her. Nevertheless, thanks for things you've done, and for the ones you wanted to do.
Although, it wasn't enough to save me, just know that I'm grateful.
Goodbye, cousin. Hope you'll have a great life with her.