𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Excuse any mistakes and please enjoy! ❤️

Saturday night
Erica's house

Saturday night Erica's house

————-Erica Monique-————

My house was full of all my sisters and my mommy; and God were my nerves through the roof. Right now they all sat around the living room watching tv and conversing with one another. Tina and GooGoo stayed in the kitchen with me, which I was extremely thankful for because my mind was not functioning properly at all.

"E you really need to relax." Goo tells me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I am." I responded

"Not." She tells me "Look at your shoulders all tensed up and even your eyebrows are scrunched. Relax"

I fixed my body language and leaned against the counter. "I'm fine I'm fine."

Tina scoffs "Girl please, you don't have to lie to us. This is nerve wrecking for me and I'm just here for support."

"Kiki needs to hurry up and get here because the anticipation is killing me." Goo says opening the oven to check on the cornbread.

"Right." I agree reaching for my phone to call her.

We decided that it wouldn't be wise for the kids to be home so I had Kierra drop them back off to Tina's for the night.

"Erica that didn't mean call her." My sisters laugh but I just roll my eyes and put my phone against my ear. If they wanted me to calm down her voice was the only thing that would get me to do it.

"Hello beautiful." She sings into my ear and I feel my heart slow down.

"Hey pretty girl. I didn't want anything, I was just wondering how close you were?"

"Oh ok well I'm almost there. But babe them kids was not trying to let me leave." She laughs. "Krista and Laiah had me upstairs giving them advice and some pointers. Then  the boys had me on game with them, which by the way I beat them multiple times. Oh and I had to give Zaya five dollars to let go of my legs and go play with Meela."

I shake my head "I know you ain't let a five year old scam you like that."

"Trust me the moment I handed it to her I rethought my life choices. That little girl needs to be put into acting classes or something babe."

I started to laugh a little loud and all eyes shot my way curious. "Sorry y'all I'm on the phone."

My family goes back to what they were doing except Alana who just scoffed and eyed me. I took a deep breath and focused back on Kierra because if I didn't, I promise it wouldn't be pretty. She's been having an attitude and being mad since she walked through my door.