Chapter 26

🤣🤣🤣

Chapter 26

When I walked inside, I was met with deafening quiet. The walls themselves seemed to be holding their breath, waiting for something. The silence was so thick that it felt as though no one had been here for a very long time.

My footsteps echoed heavily as I made my way to the room where he always stayed.

I felt his scent still lingering in the room. My heart skipped a beat as I approached our bed and reached out one of his pillows and hugged it, hoping against hope that it would somehow ease the heavy feeling that I felt.

As I held onto his pillow tightly, tears streaming down my face, and memories of him flooded my mind - all at once beautiful and painful.

I am alone in the room.

After many months of battles, we still lost. And I couldn't help but feel a deep sense of longing and sadness. My heart ached more as I clutched his pillow tightly to my chest.

"I miss you. I miss you so much." my tears flowed down my face like a river, leaving my eyes swollen, from hours of non-stop crying.

He's in his new home now, and I'm still trying to accept the fact that he's already gone. The thought is too much to bear. To find some comfort, I lay down on the bed and tried to close my eyes and rest.

But I can't.

Every part of me resents his presence, and the emptiness that surrounded me only shifted to strengthen my feelings of weakness. A part of me was missing without him by my side, leaving me feeling incomplete and entirely lost.

I can't close my eyes to sleep because my mind is consumed with memories of him. Every moment that we have together flashes before my eyes, making it impossible for me to forget about him even for a moment

I can't believe that he won't be here anymore. I can't touch him; I will not be able to see his smile. His absence feels heavy on my heart. But I know that I need to keep moving forward, and the only thing that I could do was just cherish those memories of him that we had together.

While lying there in our bed, my mind was totally blank. But suddenly, the silence was broken by the sound of the door and heavy footsteps coming.

I didn't move and look; instead, I remained still and listened intently. The pillow was still on my chest. The next thing I knew, someone had crawled into the bed beside me and wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. It was Justine, his sobs wracked as he cried out in my back.

My heart ached for him to keep myself from breaking down in tears alongside him, I bit down hard on my bottom lip and gripped the pillow tightly with both hands.

"Ateng...teng.... Wala na si bunsoy...." Justine, in his sobbing voice. Parang masusugatan na ang labi ko sa sobrang pagkakagat. Ayukong umiyak sa harapan niya, kailangan namin ng lakas at kailangan ako yun!

Bumangon ako at pa-upong humarap sa kanya. Watching him in pain was even more painful for me.

Ipinatong ko ang ulo niya sa hita ko. "Shhh, it's okay tin... tahan na." Sambit ko sa paos ko nang boses, habang sinusubukan niyang punasan ang mga luha niya. He tried to cover his eyes using his arms, and I let him.

Hindi ko na rin napigilan pa ang mga hikbi ko. Kaming dalawa nalang sa bahay na ito, at ang dating mga tawa at bangayan na maririninig mula sa silid na ito ay napalitan na ng mga hikbi. Huminga ako ng malalim habang sinusuklay ang buhok ni Justine.