7: work for me

after work sully wanted me to come to his boat-house to talk.

not gonna lie I was scared, what if he thinks I'm with the fields. I'm not with anyone but I'm definitely not with the fields.

I walked down the canal to see the boat sully had told me was his.

I'd had no time to go home so I was still wearing my hair up, black jeans and a black tank with my coat and converse.

my hand knocked on the cold wood of the door and seconds later I was met with the face of sully.

'hey' he nodded, letting me in.

'do you want a brew ?' he asked.

'um yes please' I smiled, following him through the boat.

'tea alright ?' he questioned.

'yeah that's fine thank you' I spoke, sitting down on one of his seats.

he came over with two cups, sitting opposite me.

'I see you and jaq made up' he laughed. 'or made out'

'what ?' I looked confused.

he pointed his finger at his neck, shaking his head with a slight smile on his face.

'oh my god. stupid jaq' I huffed, leaning my hand on my neck.

'she's happy with you. trust' he spoke.

'yeah I hope she is' I muttered.

we sat in silence for a few seconds before he spoke up again.

'I wanted to speak to you, about summerhouse' he said more seriously.

'okay, what about it' I replied unsure of how this conversation was going to go.

'I want you to work for me. still- work at the cafe, but make friends with jamie and his unbearable yutes. keep an eye on that stuff. I need some eyes and ears and you seem to know a lot about everything. plus you'll be able to see jaq more, and me of course. and eventually I want to get a shop set up in the cafe, I want you to get word out, but not to any field bruddas you get me' he explained.

'yeah, okay. I know a few people who go cafe that definitely use' I nodded.

'good. even better if they usually buy from fields' he smirked.

'I got you' I told him, sipping my tea.

'I know you do. also, one more thing' he said

'yeah what's up' I asked.

'my niece, she's got some people after her I was wondering if you'd let her crash at your place for a bit'

'yeah okay I guess' I spoke uncertainly 'how old is she ?'

'19, she's here now.' he answered 'pebbles' he called out.

'pebbles ?' I questioned.

'that's me' a ginger woman answered, coming in the doorway.

'pebbles this is jay, you can stay with her for a bit' sully introduced.

'hi' I smiled tightly-lipped

'hey' she smirked.

'she's jaqs- girl friend or girl situationship I don't know what they are' he rambled.

I chuckled, standing up.

'speaking of jaq I told her I'd call her when I got home, so I better go' I explained. 'I'm not working till saturday now so I'll let you know how it goes'

'yeah okay safe' he said, spudding me. 'pebbles, Jay is now in charge of you do what she says'

'she's not my babysitter' she scoffed.

'yep. she is' he grinned sarcastically.

I just stood awkwardly waiting, smiling.

'ugh, okay. see you uncs' she rolled her eyes.

'bye pebbles, later jay' he said as we exited the boat.

an
sully and jay are my fave.
will pebbles and jay get along, or more importantly will pebbles and jaq get along😉😉

vote and comment💌