FOUND YOU

ONE YEAR LATER

ONE YEAR LATER

It had been a year since Liam and I went through our divorce, and sold the house. I didn't want to stay in New York because it was a constant reminder of my marriage, and my little twin flame. I decided to move to Colorado. It was big beautiful, and just what I needed to move on. Carly would come visit often, so I wouldn't feel alone. I made a few friends here, but nobody could beat Carly. My collaboration with Laura was a success, so I was able to buy my own home. It was a home I dreamed of. I was successful and content. I loved my life the way it was and I learned to go out and enjoy it. I still wanted to be a mom, and I was lucky because I still had a few more fertile years left in me. The hard part would be finding someone who I wanted to have a child with. I didn't realize starting over would be so hard, but it was worth it. One thing I learned, was that sacrificing and staying wasn't always the best thing to do. Comfortability would have you wasting years of your life. Even though I wasn't getting what I wanted out of my marriage, I stayed because I was comfortable. I stayed because of love. I kept dealing with things not realizing it was making me bitter. Was I proud of my affair? No, cheating was never the answer. I should've been honest, and either we could've worked through our differences or called it quits. I learned a lesson I will never forget. Once you lie you have to keep lying. Cheating led to lies, and more lies. No matter how many times I told myself I wouldn't do it again, I did. Moral of the story, if you're not happy, just leave. Cheating is not the answer, it never will be.

Anyway, Carly told me that Liam had remarried. He married, an upcoming lawyer, who shared his desire for no children. I was glad he found happiness because he deserved it. He found love with someone who wanted the same thing he wanted. She enjoyed the same things he enjoyed. She was someone who worked just as much as he did. It was a perfect match. Carly found love, and would be getting married this summer. I was happy for her, even though she said she would never get married again. I hadn't heard from Arik, but I wasn't expecting to. I thought about him from time to time, but slowly, I was moving on. I walked up my front porch steps and shivered. It was Christmas again, but this time it would be different. I was about to unlock my front door, but a familiar voice stopped me.

"Damn, I'm lucky I finally found you."

"Arik," I said, turning around to face him. He was wearing all black as usual. He still looked sexy as hell, and he was leaning up against his motorcycle. What the hell was he doing here?

"Is this a dream or are you really here?"

He smirked, walking up to me. "Does this feel like a dream?" He pulled me close and kissed me with so much passion. The warmth of his mouth sent a current running through me. I threw my arms around his neck and lost myself in his peppermint breath and soft lips. When he pulled away, I bit my lip nervously. I didn't know he still had the power to make me feel like this.

"No, it seems pretty real to me. What are you doing here?"

"Look, I know being with me is weird because you've been with my brother. But I love you, and I want to see what we could be. I hate how I left things with you. I needed time to think, I wanted to be sure I could be the man you need. But I think about you every day. I thought about letting you go, but I can't imagine seeing you with another man. I know it sounds fucked up, but it's true, Dani."

I was shocked and speechless. I had fallen in love with him, and I felt the same way. I didn't know how to express it, and I didn't know if he would've accepted it. "What about your club? How are we supposed to make this work when I live all the way in Colorado?"

"Move in with me."

"What?"

"Dani, I want you to move in with me. I know it's complicated because you bought this house, but this could be our vacation home. I know it's a lot, and I know you have to think about it, but I want to be with you. If I could pick up my club and move it here, I would."

I wanted to say yes, but I learned from my last situation. "You don't want children, and I do. How would that work? I don't want you sacrificing yourself like your brother did."

"The only reason I didn't want children was because I don't know who I wanted to have them with. I have you now, and I would love to share children with you."

I wanted to believe him; my heart was telling me to.

"I don't want you to rush and make a decision. I'll give you time and you can call me when you're ready." He turned to leave, but I grabbed his hand.

"It's just...I think...I need to pack my stuff," I said, smiling.

"Are you serious?" He said, lifting me into his arms.

"Yes." I wanted to be with him. I fell in love with him, I wouldn't deny it anymore.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his motorcycle. "How about we go get dinner, I'm starving."

As I climbed on the back of his motorcycle, I knew this was going to be an interesting relationship. Arik was the man I was supposed to be with. He touched me in ways I had only dreamed of. He ravished me, claiming me over and over again. He did it physically and mentally. When he took off, I felt myself come alive. I missed this, and I missed him.

The end! 🔥