{2} Departure

"Who are you?" Hinata asked, her breath shaking with every passing second. 

"I am a distant relative of your mother. I am so sorry I didn't come and take you earlier. I was away at the time of the Hyuga's destruction and only got to know about it a few years after. Then I found out about the fallen princess and heard rumors that she was still alive. I searched high and low, and I finally found you. Will you come with me? I will shower you with riches, and you will get to life a life of royalty."

"Hinata, I don't think this man is up to any good-" Kizashi started, but Hinata cout him off. 

There was another living, breathing Hyuga in the world. She didn't care about the riches or whatnot. She needed her family back, even if it was one family member. 

"I'll go."

"Sweet. Pack your bags and follow me to the carriage outside. I will bring you to the Hyuga mansion."

"Hinata, is this what you really want?" Kizashi sighed. 

"Yes, sir."

"It will be hard telling Sakura about this. Would you mind telling her yourself, Hinata?"

"Not at all, sir. I will explain it to her now."

~~~

"WHAT?" Sakura yelled, grasping Hinata's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Lady Sakura, but I have to do this."

Sakura had to take a seat to calm herself down. "So you are the Hyuga princess? The fallen Hyuga lady? And now you are leaving me?"

"I'm very sorry, Lady, Sakura-"

"Don't call me lady anymore, Princess Hinata," Sakura said. She got up and cupped Hinata's chin in her soft hands and gently kissed her forehead. "Remember, if you don't like it there, you always have a home here, Hinata. I will always think of you as my sister. Please don't forget me."

"I won't, Sakura," Hinata pulled Sakura into a tight embrace as tears slid down her cheeks, "I won't on my life."

That evening, Hinata left the Harunos behind.