{8} Approval

"Stop!" someone yelled from a distance away. Naruto and Hinata flinched. The realisation of being so close to one another suddenly dawned and Hinata's face cooled down. 

"She's mine!" a drunk noble yelled at the duke, pointing his finger accusingly at him. Hinata then remembered about the drink with the love potion in it, which she left unattended. 

He must have drank it. A bead of sweat dripped from Hinata's forehead. She had to act fast. 

"I'm sorry, but the duke and I love each other. We are planning to get married soon," Hinata put herself close beside Naruto, her back and his chest touching. Naruto got the hint. 

He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. "I don't know who you are, but please don't get close to her."

The man stormed off, furious. But there was a lingering feeling in Hinata's chest, telling her that it wouldn't be the last of him. 

The love potion wasn't that weak.

"Do I need to keep protecting you from creepy men like that?" Naruto asked, shooting her a flirtatious smile. Hinata regained her composure and said formally,"This is just going to be a marriage in the papers, duke. I don't have any feelings towards you, nor do you have towards me. You can get rid of me after a few months."

The duke's silly face turned serious as he walked towards the palace. 

"Meet me tomorrow, at noon, sharp. We will discuss the details of the marriage. My head guard will come to escort you."

And he was gone, only the musky scent of his cologne in the air. 

Anyone there? this book may not be as popular as my other naruhina book but if anyone's there could you say hi?

helo :D