Falcon

The three of us were having breakfast with Sam in his dining room. Honestly, he is a pretty good cook with the pancakes and bacon he made us. I definitely owe him a visit at the VA to surprise him and his co-workers after this is all over. In uniform, of course. Nat, Steve, and Sam finish up their food and put their plates in the sink while I go for more bacon. "Careful Y/n, or Steve will make you do more laps on his run." Nat said, chuckling. "I don't care at this point. With all that's happened these few days, I could use some extra bacon." I said, savoring the best thing known to man.

(If you're vegan, it's vegan bacon)

Nat and Steve smiled a bit before Nat spoke up again. "So the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D could launch a domestic missile strike?" She asked, and Steve answered the question says The first person that came to mind. "Pierce." He said. I remembered him. He was at Stark, Now Avengers Tower, after we beat Loki. He also tried to get his hands on the tesseract, too. "Who happens to be sitting in top of the most secure building in the world." Natasha said, walking towards Steve. I finish eating and put my plate in the sink while Sam eats a piece of toast. "But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian star." Steve said, and I remember one person who was also there. "So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat says as I walk back to the dining room and stand by Natasha. "So the real question is, how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D officer in broad daylight?" I ask, crossing my arms. Sam then walks to us with a folder in his hands. "The answer is, you don't." Sam says, placing the folder on the table with a picture on top. "What's this?" Steve asked. "Call it a resumé." Sam answered, leaning back against the wall.

I pick up the picture, looking at it, seeing Sam and another soldier next to him. "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" Natasha asked, and Sam nodded. I look at Sam then to Steve. "You didn't say he was a Pararescue." I said as Steve looked at the picture himself holding it. "This Riley?" Steve asked about the other man in the picture, and Sam nodded again. "I heard they couldn't bring in a chopper because of the RPG's. What did you use, a stealthshoot?" Natasha asked, and Sam scooted the folder closer to us. "No, we used these." I look at the folder and open it for the three of us to see. I looked at the blueprint, and I was really impressed. After Tony announced he was Iron Man, all the military branches were trying to make their own Iron Suit. But this was far from it. "I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve said, looking up from the folder. "I never said pilot." Sam says with a smirk that he couldn't hold from excitement. "I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." "Dude, Captian America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam said, and I smiled a bit. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" I ask, closing the folder. "The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind 3 guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Sam said, and Natasha and I shared the exact same look. "Easy for me." I said as I took my sling ring out of my pocket, slipping it on my fingers.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

It was around 12:30 and everyone was in position. I was currently in disguise as a citizen in work out clothes and sitting on the stairs where Jasper Sitwell would come down, Sam was sitting at a table at a restaurant getting ready to call Sitwell, Nat on the roof of a building with a sniper pointed at him when the moment comes to point the laser, and Steve in a car down the street.

I peaked over my shoulder and watched the doors open and I talk into my intercom. "He's coming. Get ready to dial the sugar daddy." I said as I tied my shoes for the 7th time. "I am not calling him that." Sam groaned as I watched him from the corner of my eye as he put in the number. A few seconds later I hear Sitwell's phone ring.  "I need a minute. Bring the car around." Sitwell said and both his guards walked down the stairs as ordered. When they both come into view I open a portal underneath them both and they fall through, unbeknownst to them they would land in Lake Michigan.

I close the portals quickly and listen in for my cue. "Yes sir?" Sitwell says as he answers his phone. "Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious." Sam says over the phone. "Who is this?" Sitwell asks. "The good looking guy in the sunglasses, your 10 o'clock," Sam says. I look at Sitwell to see him turn his head my direction and I quickly press my back against the stair wall. That's when Sam quickly corrected him. "Your other 10 o'clock.... There you go." Sam said letting me know I it was safe for me to approach. I get up and go up the set of stairs that were behind Sitwell. "What do you want?" "You and my friend are going to go around the corner to your right. There's a gray car two spaces down. The three of us are going to take a ride." Sam said as I get closer to Sitwell. "Who's your friend? And why would I do that?" Sitwell asked. "Because that tie looks really expensive. And I'd hate to mess it up." Sam said addressing the laser dot on Sitwell's tie. That's when I make myself known. "Hey Jasper, long time no see." I said patting his shoulder, startling him and lead him down the stairs to the car. "You...." He said and I took the phone from his hand and tossed it in a nearby trash can. "Let's catch up huh? Maybe you can tell me a little bit about Laura" I said as I guided him into the back of the car and got in after him, with Sam getting in not long after.

🔮20 minutes later🔮

We get to a building not too far from where Sitwell was and we drag him up to the top floor and Steve throws him onto the roof when Nat and I follow behind. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve says and I adjust my sling ring on my hand in case he needed me. If I wanted to I would have sent him through a portal on loop but Steve advised against it. "Never heard of it." Sitwell said stumbling up on his feet and adjusting his glasses. "What were you doing on the Lemurian star?" Steve asked approaching him closer as Sitwell was back up to the edge of the building. "I was throwing up. I get seasick." Just as Sitwell backs up to the edge of the building and almost falls, Steve caught him by his shirt pulling him back. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're going to throw me off the roof? Because it's not your style Rogers." Sitwell said. Steve then takes a step back and smooths out the wrinkles on Sitwell's jacket. "You're right. It's not... it's hers." Steve then steps aside and Natasha kicks Sitwell off the roof.

As we hear him scream Natasha looks over at Steve. "Oh wait, what about that girl from accounting? Linda... Lisa..." Natasha said trying to remember her name. "Lillian. Lip piercing right?" Steve asked as Natasha was playing matchmaker again. "Yeah she's cute." I said seeing them at least go on a date. Steve then shakes his head as we hear Sam lift Sitwell back up with his gear in the distance. "Yeah... I'm not ready for that." Moments later Sam and Sitwell come up and Sam drops Sitwell onto the roof and land in front of the door revealing his Falcon gear, and retract the wings into the pack.

The three of us start walking towards Sitwell, me a little ahead. Sitwell then gets on his hands and knees and lifts one of his arms. "Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing insights targets." He said between heavy breaths. "What targets?" Steve asked. "You! The TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now or in the future." Sitwell then looks up at me and points at me. "Even your dad, Stephen Strange." That's when I lost it and I grab his jacket pulling him up? "Hurt him and I'll send you somewhere you would wish for my mercy." I growled at him as he mentioned my dad.

Steve pulled me away from Sitwell and Natasha held on to my shoulders. "The future? How could it know?" Steve asked. Sitwell then starts laughing and Sam takes a step forward. "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." He then looks at us noticing that we were confused. "Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, the damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past. To predict their future." I then cross my arms speaking up. "What then?" Sitwell then hesitates as if he said too much. "Oh my god, Pierce is going to kill me." Sitwell mumbles. "What then?" Steve asks. "Then the Insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." I gasp a little bit and walk a few feet away from the group and throw up at the corner. HYDRA was going to kill everyone. They were going to kill my dad. My only family. No... they won't. Natasha then comes over and rubs my back. "You ok?" She asked. I strained myself up and wipe off the puke from the corner of my mouth. "We need to get to S.H.I.E.L.D. now." I said as I start making my way downstairs. I knew one thing that after this, I'm going to ask every member of HYDRA where Laura was. Because there are two people o can't live without. My best friend and my dad.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To be continued....