The Winter soldier

(Alrighty everyone Time to buck(y)le up and hold on to our America Asses!!!! It's party time!!!)

Time was ticking fast. And time was something we were running out of. We had to stop the Project Insight Launch from destroying over a billion people in the next 24 hours. Even if we were a second late, everyone we could possibly know would be dead. It was obvious that my dad was on that list. Laura was somewhere in HYDRAS grasp, and it made me wonder if Tom was on the list for just pushing me out of the way of a truck. Steve, Nat, Sam, Sitwell and I were on the interstate heading to S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, to stop the launch. I was currently in the back seat in between Nat and Sitwell. It was a little bit cramped, but my comfort would have to come last. "HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell said obviously having a panic attack and rubbing his sweaty palms together. "Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam said looking at him through the rear view mirror. Nat then pokes her head through the middle of the two front seats. "Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here." She said. "I know." Steve said. I then look over at Sitwell and speak up. "We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." I say giving him a glare that even Rumlow would flinch at.

Sitwell then quickly turns his head towards me and his already sweaty face turns snow pale. "What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." He was interrupted by a heavy thud on the roof of the car and we all turned our attention to the noise. "What the.." My thoughts were interrupted by an arm smashing through the window Sitwell was next to and threw him out, almost taking me with him, but Nat pulled me back as we watched as he was ran into a truck going the other direction and I let out a loud gasp. "I got you!" Nat said holding my shoulders and I didn't hesitate and use my magic to conjure up the same mask I wore on the Mission that started all this, to hide my identity. I was smelling a fight coming up to whoever was on top of the car.

Not long after the person on top shifted his weight and started shooting down at Nat and I. I quickly pushed Nat out of the way as she got into Steve's lap and I follow not long after. Another shot was fired and Sam quickly pulls me on his lap before slamming on the brakes hard and I use some of my magic to help stop the car and throw whoever was on top off and land in the road in front of us. "You ok?" Sam asked in my ear and I nod as I let my magic go of the car and we look at the guy. Nat, Steve and I instantly recognized him. Nat and I a little more in fear. From the metal arm and the mask that covered his entire face.

It was him. The Winter Soldier.

Before any of us could process a single thought, or Nat to pull out her gun, a Hummer rear ended us and pushed us towards him and the assassin jumps back onto the roof and held on with his metal arm and Sam stupidity tries to use his breaks before the winter soldier smashes his arm through the windshield and pulls the steering wheel out of the car. "Holy shit!" Sam screams out and Nat finally reaches for her gun and starts firing at the man who murdered Fury. "Y/n, get Sam!" Steve says as he secures Nat to himself and grabs his shield as well as the car door as we were still getting ran into and losing control of the car. He was going to jump out of the car. Now that brought up some memories. I nod to Steve and conjure a rope with my magic and wrap it securely around both Sam and I as Steve quickly grabs Sam and pulls us out of the car with him as the car was in midair and we land on the road. As we were sliding against the road on the car door I lose my grip on the rope and Sam falls off the door and rolls off the side as we skid to a stop.

I quickly get up with Nat, and before I could even summon my shields Steve pushes Nat and I away and lifts up his own shield only to be hit by a grenade launcher and flew back. "Steve!" I scream out and Nat pulls me up and we both make a run for it, adrenaline taking over our bodies. We catch up to Sam who hides behind cars with us as the HYDRA agents fire at us. Nat then gets to one end of the car and fires her gun at them and me on the other creating a shield in front of the car Sam was at and firing magical daggers at them, getting a few cut. My hands were shaking and I wasn't as fast as Nat was at my recovery. I would have time to process the attack later. I look behind me and watch as Sam runs and jumps off the bridge before the Winter Soldier shot another grenade at Nat and I before she jumped off the bridge herself and I make a portal just in time for the grenade to go through and land behind the group and fire, launching them in every direction, I then follow Nat and jump off the bridge myself only to land a wrong way and sprain my right ankle. "AH!" I yell out and quickly get back up and run, quickly catching up with Nat.