TEN

Kai POV

Amaya has been asking questions all day about what we had planned today. I had a full day of activities for her. Her nails,hair & everything she wanted to do. Plus we went out for breakfast. Now we were at Lily & Dominic house trying to get Amaya distracted. I finally got her to fall asleep about 10 mins. She was in a bad mood because of her dreams & I helped her feel better taking care of her. We both loved spending quality time together that was our love language. I managed to leave & go to the venue for the surprise proposal. I was working with the family's event planner plus Amaya's family closely to get more information than I already know. I want everything to go good tonight.

Amaya POV
Time Skip:2 hours

I woke up in the guest bedroom & Kai wasn't there. Poodah I called out. No response. I went downstairs to find Lily & my brother in the kitchen. Kai was on the phone with my brother. I grabbed the phone from him & talked.

Amaya come on. My brother said.
Poodah where are you?? I asked looking at the camera.
I'm busy running errands. I had to go to the shop today to work on some clients. He said.
Ohh okay. Why your camera off?? Lemme see you. I said.
Baby I can't right now. My other client just came in. I love you. I'll talk to you later. Kai said.
I love you too. I said.

Kai hanged up the FaceTime call. I started getting emotional. Tears swelled up in my eyes.

You'll see him soon don't worry. He just gotta work. Lily said rubbing my back.
He usually tells me he has to go into the shop. I frown & went in the cabinet grabbing some pickles,chips,& cookies. Lily & Dominic looked at me then picked up his phone.

What?? I asked them sitting on the island eating the snacks.
You just eating like a pregnant lady. Lily laughed.
Oh lord pleaseee. I could barely keep up with you pregnant. Don't try to get my baby sister on yah bandwagon. Dominic said.
I'm not & heck no. Not til we're ready you know. I said.
Okay we going to see. Lily said rubbing her belly.
Me & mine's are straight. I said smiling.
Watch she bout to go calling him. My brother said.
Shut up. I said rolling my eyes.

I took out my phone & facetimed him but he declined it . So I check his location & he turned it off. What the fuck?? I said outloud.
What's wrong?? Dominic said looking up from his phone.
His location is off & he just declined my FaceTime call. I said angry.
He's working you forgot?? Dominic said laughing.
No I didn't. But I miss him. I said putting the snacks away.
Ya'll got a crib together. You don't think you guys spend time together?? Dominic asked.
I know we do. I don't know I just miss him a lot today. We both been busy too. I said.
Understandable sis. You know I got you. Dominic said hugging me.
It's already 6PM oh my gosh. We can't be late for the meeting. Everything you need is in the guest bedroom closet sis. Lily said.
Okay?? My parents didn't tell me about a meeting today. I said curious.
Just go get ready. You got 30 mins. Dominic said.
Okay lemme go get started. I said running upstairs.

I showered & freshened up as well. I went in the guest bedroom closet & saw the most beautiful dress. He really got the dress I been eyeing plus it was sold out. Plus shoes to match.