Ⲥⲉⲃⲉⲛⲧⲉⲉⲛ

Augustus Caeser stares intensely at your twin boys which makes you nervous.

"How old are they?"

Before Narmer and Ahmose could tell him their real age as Narmer holds up his fingers to show how old he is.

You quickly lie.

"They are three" you reply

Your sons stare at you in confusion before Narmer puts up only three fingers.

"They look too old to be three"

"Kids age quickly in Egypt due to the weather"  you lie.

"Hm"

Octavian hums, still examining your children.

"You should bring them to Rome to meet your siblings and my stepsons-"

"Absolutely not!"

You exclaim, remembering the horrid stories about Tiberius towards younger children on the island of Capri.

There are chances that the accusations might not be true.

But you aren't taking any chances.

Adding to that, you don't want Ahmose and Narmer to do anything with Rome.

"Are you worried that I might take them as hostages?"

"Get to your lessons my sweetlings, you mustn't be late for them"

The two princes nod at you before leaving you once again alone with the Roman emperor.

His eyes watch the two kids leave, his eyes which are filled with suspicion.

"I'm sure you understand my reasons for not allowing my children to leave for Rome"

You try to control your nerves, willing yourself to stay calm and collected at his cold unwavering gaze.

"They are still young, and I want to make sure they are well-prepared before they venture out into the world."

You finish explaining, your voice weakening with each word.

Those are all lies, and when you lie your voice weakens.

Something which Augustus notices.

You are hiding something from him.

"I will wait for you and our children's visit to Rome patiently"

You almost choked on your drink in shock at his words.

"I'm sorry, I must have misheard you, you mean my children"

The emperor only smiles at you coldly before nodding.

"Indeed, I apologize for my mistake, I surely meant to say your children"

Your heart picked up its pace, thinking that he found out the truth.

But his next words denies your doubts.

"Or maybe they are our children after I kill your husband and take you and your children back with me to Rome"

He keeps on taunting you with his next words.

"After all, if their mother belongs to me then they also belong to me...all of Egypt belongs to me"

Looking at him, you do the most unexpected thing.

You slap him across the face.

Instead of getting angry, he only smirks before suddenly laughing.

It's a cold, chilling laugh that sends a shiver down your spine.

"How amusing," he says, still cackling.

"You're not the first to challenge me like this. and I've dealt with much stronger enemies before."

With one swift motion, he grabs your wrist and pulls you close to him. You can feel his breath on your face as he leans in.

"I will not tolerate defiance or deceit from you, you are to come with me to Rome and you will now down to me"

"Why are you being like that?!" you shout, struggling against his hold.

But he only tightens his grasp, his eyes blazing with anger and determination.

"You will do as I say, you will come to Rome and you will be mine forever," he hisses.

With that, he releases you, his eyes still glinting with malice.

You stumble back, breathing hard, shock and fear pulsing through your body.

"And if I don't?"

"I will kill your children"

The thought of Narmer and Ahmose being always under assassination attempts frightens you.

Knowing how Rome is successful in such matter, your two boys might end dead.

"You can't kill them" you mutter.

"Why not?"

"Because they are your sons"

That's what you wanted to say.

But you cowardly decided to stay silent, you can't give Caeser the pleasure and victory of having blood related heirs.

Seeing you go silent and not respond, Octavian takes his leave.