Ⲱⲛⲏ

"Thank you for your kindness, princess"

"I pray you continue to have a healthy and happy life, your highness"

"May Isis bless you with a happy marriage and a good husband"

Your face heats up at the praising of your people, as you and your handmaiden hand each citizen a gift.

The gift consists of food, clothes, toys, and a few gold coins.

It's a habit for you, you always go out and interact with the common people to ease their worries and assure them that Egypt is doing well.

Those campaigns are well appreciated by the people.

Even though there is a war going on between Rome and your country.

You honestly don't support the war, because simply you don't like bloodshed.

Peace is always a much nicer choice.

But again, it was Octavian who declared war on your mother and Mark Antony, not the other way around.

You pray every day, that your beloved Egypt wins against Rome and peace is restored.

"A flower for the princess" a small girl exclaims cheerfully, as she hands you a lotus flower.

You smile at the little girl, taking the delicate gift, as your other hand pats her cheek gently.

"You are adorable" you compliment her, but it seems like her older brother who looks to be your age speaks up.

"I want to be a soldier, but I was rejected, could you give an order for me to join the army?"

You stare at him, your face heating up at his handsome features, and his fair cheeks are tinted with red from the burning sun.

Men are not allowed to enter the army for two reasons.

If you are the only male in the household or if you have a deformity.

"You have to take care of your sister, and when the time comes, Egypt will call for you..." you stop, waiting to hear his name.

"Habi," he says with a smile.

"Habi, when the time comes, you will serve Egypt faithfully, but right now take care of your sister," you say, patting the girl's head. 

"Yes, princess"

But the boy has made up his mind a long time ago...

About protecting his country.

And

About protecting you.

𓂢𓆱 𓎝𓏎

"Where are they?" you ask your handmaiden, Hager, after searching for your half-siblings everywhere.

"Your mother sent them to a safe place, my princess" she answers with a sad tone as if she knew something, you didn't know.  

"What are you talking about?" you ask warily.

"General Mark Antony got defeated in the battle, and Egypt lost to the Roman fleet" your eyes widen as your heart drops.

Hager quickly holds you by your arms in fear that you might faint as she continues.

"Your stepfather also committed suicide" your eyes tear up.

The Roman general was always there to cheer you and your half-brother, Caeserion, up when you both were sad.

Even though Mark wasn't your real father, you considered him as a second father to you.

"Are they coming? Are Octavian and his army going to hurt my people and my mother? Or are they coming to negotiate?"

Her eyes soften at your hopeful question.

"Your father is waiting for you on a ship heading to Arabian lands, I have your things prepared-" you cut her off.

"What about my mother? I want to see her"

You don't wait for Hager to answer, as you rush off to the throne room.

"My princess, please wait, you can't go there, wait!"

It didn't take long for you to reach the throne room, but when you do.

Your heart shutters at the sight you are met with.

Your mother lays dead along with her handmaidens, as a small snake moves around their bodies.

Cleopatra is dressed in her most expensive dress and jewelry.

Just to show whoever enters that she died an honorable death.

She died a queen.

𓂢𓆱 𓎝𓏎

"My princess, please, we have to leave, Octavian and his soliders are on their way here"

Hager pleads with you, but you don't move an inch, as you keep on holding the dead body of your mother, your eyes red from the many tears you shed.

"I shall not be known as the princess who run away from her country during a time of need"

"But you will be held hostage-"

Hager's sentence gets cut off when the door gets shoved open, and many Roman soldiers entered.

A tall man with light brown hair cut short and bluish-grey eyes emerges from between his soldiers.

His gaze lands on your frightened handmaiden before moving toward you.

"Princeps Pono es (F/n)" Octavian speaks in Latin, moving towards you.

I assume you are princess (Y/n)

You understood the meaning of his words, but you refuse to speak a word to him.

Octavian smirks when you don't answer him, so he starts speaking in Coptic.

"Roman clothes would fit you better as I parade you in front of thousands"