The Council

STAR WARS

                THE CLONE WARS

   The GALACTIC REPUBLIC is in turmoil

    as the Clone Wars, secretly started by

     the dark Lord DARTH SIDIOUS, rages on

    across the galaxy.

     As the battles continue,more and more

    Representatives are gathering in the Senate

   to declare their distaste for the Republic and

    their wish to join the The Confederacy of 

     Independent Systems . 

   OBI-WAN KENOBI- Jedi Knight- 

   is just returning from yet another ever 

    increasing Border dispute with ANAKIN SKYWALKER,

   when he is summoned by the Jedi 

    Council on a matter most unusual......

     CORUSCANT. Deep in the jedi temple, outside the door of the council room Obi-Wan inhaled deeply as he prepared himself to enter. He wiped his hands on his robe, then cursed himself under his breathe. "There is no reason to worry, until reason has appeared." He told himself, then stepped forward and opened the door.

        He had been preparing himself since he had arrived back from his most recent mission with Anakin and had been told that the jedi council wished to speak with him about 'a most important and unusual' reason. Of course, important and unnatural things happened all the time, he had said to himself.

   But that didn't exactly help his nerves as he entered the room.

   "You sent for me, council?" He said after he bowed. Standing in the middle of the room, he glanced around at the faces of the Jedi masters that surrounded him. There was master Windu, Master Plo Koon (although he was there only by means of hologram), Shaak Ti, and finally, master Luminara Unduli. The rest of the seats were empty.

All of their faces were solemn, as usual. Master Windu was the first to speak.

"Master Kenobi. I'm glad you could meet us on such short notice. Especially so soon after the return of you more recent mission" He said. Obi Wan smiled. "There is no problem, Master Windu. I am eager, however, to know of what purpose you have summoned me for?" He looked at each master patiently.

         "Yes, well.... As I'm, sure you were informed, it is a most unusual case. In fact, I'm unsure it has ever happened previously." Master Windu went on. At this, Obi wan was quite interested. Never happened before?

"To be honest, Obi-Wan, we weren't sure if you would be the right person for this matter, but we have seen how good of a job you did with young general Skywalker." Shaak Ti said, her eyes warm and calm. She smiled, ever so softly, at Obi and looked at the others as if she challenged anyone to counter her judgment. No one did.