Practice Makes Perfect

"No, don't just block, Kalumb. Aim." Obi-wan said. Two days had gone by, and Kalumb was in his first training session with his new master, which wasn't exactly going the best at the moment.

      Klaumb, who was busy trying not to get stunned by a small training droid, could only grunt in reply. As the droid shot, he ducked and slid, attempting to slice it underneath. Unfortunately, it flew higher above his head, leaving him on his knees and vulnerable. The droid shot another blue ring speedily at the padawan.

       Quick, but not quick enough, he raised the saber, only to once more block the attack. Obi-wan shook his head and sighed. Pausing the drone and walking over, he offered his hand to Kalumb, who gratefully took it and looked down, ashamed.

            "I'm sorry.... It's faster than I expected it to be." He mumbled.

     Off to the side of the training room, Anakin watched the scene quietly, waiting for Ahsoka. As Kalumb stumbled again, Anakin chuckled slightly. "Try positioning your arms like this" Obi-wan's voice came from across the room. He showed the stance to Kalumb, who agreed and copied.

     After a few minutes, Anakin's own padawan entered the room, walking over to her master once she spotted him. "Good morning, master." She greeted him, glancing over at Kalumb, who was nodding to something Obi-wan was telling him.

    "Why is Kalumb using Obi-wan's lightsaber?" She asked after a second of observing.

    "Apparently the padawan hasn't traveled to Ilum yet. So, Obi-wan allowed him to use his for now, in training at least." Anakin smiled slightly as Kalumb swung and missed a sting ring, wincing as it struck his arm. Ahsoka looked at her master, a little confused. "Why are you smiling?" She asked warily.

         "Am I?" Anakin asked. "I guess I was just remembering when I was in training. If Kalumb's anything like me, he's going to have to get used to the sting." Ahsoka was surprised. Usually her master only spoke highly of himself. "You failed in training like this?" She wondered as they both watched the new guy get stung in the leg and drop the saber, before ducking quickly to retrieve it and continue his fight.

    "Well, fail is a strong word. I got stung a bunch, in the beginning, but I eventually got the hang of. Now I'm practically the best there is." Anakin replied, going back to his normal self. Ahsoka chuckled at his words, then noticed Kalumb glance at her before quickly zoning back into his training. She turned to Anakin. "Master, perhaps we should begin my own training?" She suggested.

       Normally, she would have preferred to get her training while in the field. That's how she worked best. But now and then even she had to admit a few practice tests in the training room was better, even if just for her stress levels.

       Anakin nodded, then walked to the side of the room opposite Kalumb and Obi-wan. He started a few practice drones, about three or four, and set their guns to stun. The drones flew up and immediately positioned around Ahsoka, who drew her sabers and got into her waiting stance.

   "Now remember, Snips, close your eyes, and trust the force. Don't rely on your hearing, or sight, but on the feeling around you. You'll sense it, trust me." He said.

   Then, on Anakin's signal, the drones flew around her fast, shooting their blue shots. She focused for a second, then, almost elegantly, deflected the shots and immediately took out two of the droids. Her master grinned, impressed. Spinning around, she quickly blocked the third drone's shot, whilst slicing the fourth in half with both her lightsabers.