Bad Beginnings

Finally, they reached the Kooriva system. Pulling out of hyperspace, they saw before them the six planets of the system. But their eyes were on one planet only.

     Green and blue, Kooriva was a flourishing planet, with many tropical rain forests and oceans. And stolen children, apparently. Anakin steered the ship, heading for the given location where Master Ti's ship was hidden from the separatists.

         "Careful they don't see you." Obi-wan said, the first words spoken since the argument. Anakin didn't answer, but his grip on the handles tightened, and he swerved a little harder at the turn to Ti's craft. Flying as close as he could, the dreadnought shuddered a little as the docking clamp gripped onto them, securing their passage onto the other ship.

        Walking out of the cock-pit, Obi-wan ordered the captain of the clones to remained stationed, and vigilant, while Anakin, Ahsoka, and Kalumb headed for the hatch connecting the two ships. The master and padwan entered first, with Kalumb staying behind them, waiting for his master.

      As Obi-wan caught up, they entered together. With his first look at the inside of a Correlian Scout ship, Kalumb was impressed. It was big and shiny, much like their own, but it was circular and larger.

       The two walked the long stretch of halls, Anakin and Ahsoka ahead of them. "This place is... very big." Kalumb said. Obi-wan chuckled. "They only get bigger, my padawan." He replied. It was silent the rest of the short way, as they were nearly to the meeting room of the ship.

        Inside, Master Ti, along with several clones, was standing in front of a large holographic image of the planet Kooriva, Once they were all gathered around, she smiled and welcomed them. "I thank you for coming, Master jedi. And padawans," She included, gratefully nodding towards them.

     "As you know, the Kooriva system is part of the C.I.S, making it very hard for the jedi temple to train the children there without issue. When they started to go missing, we immediately suspected the separatists. Perhaps even the sith." Master Ti went on.

      "Now that your here, and the padawans, we may begin the plan."

    She turned to the clone standing closest to her, who was holding a small black case. "The jedi commissioned the build of these micro trackers many years ago, before the clone wars, in the beginning of the Invasion of Naboo." Maste Ti opened the case, revealing three small rows of trackers.

       "They were designed to stick onto the skin of the jedi, in small crevices of their clothes, or in the soles of their boots, so they would not go missing during those certain battles. They also monitor your status. If said jedis were terminated, the device would deactivate." As Ahsoka and Kalumb stood still, prepared, Ti took two of the very small trackers and held out her hands. The two stepped forward and took one.

         Ahsoka placed hers under the bands wrapping around her arm, completely concealing it, and Kalumb placed his at the very roots of his hair, before flipping it back over and hiding it. The stepped back, listening as the master continued.

      "What you are doing is dangerous. Very. But it is for the good of these children that you go on. Do you agree?" She asked slowly, solemnly, making sure they would take this seriously. "We are counting on you." She added.

         Kalumb glanced at Ahsoka in the silence. She was staring at Master Ti with a serious expression. She nodded slowly, completely ready.

            Am I ? Kalumb asked himself. The seconds dragged on as he desperately asked himself this. Was he ready to risk his life, for someone elses's? All his life, he had wanted to be a jedi. Now he was on his first mission, and anything could go wrong. He could die.