Trust

Riy'lea

Riy'lea ran out the forest looking for her sister. "Riy'lea! Where were you?" Tsireya practically screamed. Before Lea could respond the chief and his wife emerged from their pod. Pure anger was the only expression on their faces.

"Mom, Dad I can explain I swear. I'm okay I'm fine and nothing happened!" She looked at them with pleading eyes but it was no use. They were furious.

"Enough. Riy'lea Etuwa Nefika of the Metkayina clan. You are the daughter of the chief. You set an example. You are held to the highest standard in the clan. You are the eldest girl which means you are always being watched. And you decide to act like this? What is the meaning of this? Your not ready to be the next tashik. You are not ready to be the next leader and to help your brother rule!" Her mother screamed. No one has ever seen Ronal this mad. All the commotion and yelling started to wake some of the villagers including Aonung and the sully's.

"Dad. I'm okay. I made one mistake but it's alright right?" Tears were streaming down her face like a waterfall.

"You have disappointed me greatly," Aonung walked out rubbing his eyes, "You are nothing like your brother. Look at him, he is going to be a great leader one day. And so will your sister. You are supposed to make me proud and you have done nothing but. I am ashamed to call you my daughter." His words stung like she was stabbed in the heart 20 times. He walked past Aonung who shot him daggers with his eyes. The sully's were watching from their hut and so was Neteyam who managed to sneak back during all the yelling. The whole village saw. Aonung ran to Tsireya who was on the ground with Riy'lea trying to comfort her.

"Lea, he didn't mean it, alright?" He lifted her head from his shoulders. She shook her head no whilst  violently sobbing. "Come on you can't just sit here you need to go somewhere more private. Please." Aonung scanned the area and saw that many were watching, including Marek and his friends. Aonung stood up and lifted her off the ground bridal style and walked away. "Tsireya I got her you can go ahead and get some rest." Tsireya nodded and headed back into the pod.  Aonung knew she wouldn't be allowed to step foot in their pod for a day or two so he took her to Roxto's pod and asked if she could stay there for a little. He said yes and Aonung laid Lea down so she could rest.

"Aon, please don't leave me. Your all I have left. There's nothing else I can do I'm a disappointment. Their ashamed to call me their daughter." Her cries grew louder. And Aonung sat back down and decided to just spend the night with her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                 Riy'lea

Morning came and Riy'lea woke up super early. She needed to clear her head so she took a walk along the shore. It was calming to hear the sound of the crashing waves and the chirps of all the animals here. She was getting ready to head back when she saw Neteyam. He was talking to someone but she couldn't tell who. She walked over to him as she needed to talk to him but stopped once she saw who he was speaking to. She hid behind a tree in close proximity to listen to their conversation.

"She was basically in love with me. But can I tell you something? You know, guy to guy." Marek spoke while gesturing.

"What." Neteyam said while rolling his eyes. However Lea couldn't see his eyes rolling.

"She's honestly a freak. I only talked to her cause I thought it would be funny. And I'm glad you feel the same way cause there's no way anyone would actually like her right? You should've seen her face! It looked something like that," Marek pointed to Lea behind the tree causing Neteyam to turn around.