Books by the Fire

Author's Note: I changed the 'you' character to be named Aaryanna! And also this is written in screenplay format, but there's no middle spacing on Wattpad. Enjoy!

INT. YOUR BEDROOM - MORNING

You lie in your bed and open your eyes. The sun is shining through the window.

You jump out of bed.

YOU
Oh my gosh, what time is it?

You hear a loud knock on the door. RAP RAP RAP.

The memories from last night flood back. Thor fighting Loki, the sneaking out, almost getting caught.

HEAD MAID
Open up!

You panic and feel your hair. It's messy again. You look down. Your dress is back to looking like rags.

The Head Maid knocks again.

You swing open the door.

YOU
Yes, ma'am?

HEAD MAID
Why haven't you started working? Do you know what time it is?

YOU
I'm so sorry.

HEAD MAID
I don't want excuses. Get your supplies and head out!

You curtsy as the Head Maid leaves.

You leave the door open and turn to get your cleaning supplies.

On your way out, you try to fix your hair, but it's no use. You sigh. 'I almost wish my hair looked as nice as it did last night. Oh well.'

INT. LOKI'S BEDROOM - LATER

You knock on Loki's door.

Loki opens it.

LOKI
Come in.

You tiredly haul your supplies through the doorway.

YOU
Thanks.

Loki stares, and then opens his mouth to speak. But he shuts it again when you turn around to give him a disappointed look.

YOU
How many times do I have to tell you...

LOKI
I know, I'm too clean.

YOU
All I do is dust, but there's barely anything to dust. It's almost as if you dust your room. Why? Do you want me to have nothing to do?

Loki slowly steps closer to you.

LOKI
Aaryanna, you're ranting.

YOU
(sarcastically)
Oh, am I?
(yelling)
Maybe I just don't have enough work to do!

You drop your cleaning supplies on the floor. The sound echoes around the room.

Loki steps in to close the gap between you. He puts his hands on your shoulders and looks into your eyes.

LOKI
Relax. Would you like to sit down?

You start shaking in his grasp.

YOU
I don't have time to sit down.

Loki puts a hand behind your back and guides you over to the bed.

LOKI
Sit down.

You sit. Loki crosses the room and gathers your cleaning supplies. He puts them near the door, then comes back to the bed.

He sits beside you.

LOKI
Have you been to Thor's room yet?

YOU
(exasperated)
No.