𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT - TRAGEDY STRUCK

in a small town house in whitechapel, kurt lockner lays sprawled out on the couch as he speaks on the phone to his girlfriend.

"so we're gonna watch that new scary movie and bake cookies?" kurt politely questioned his girlfriend, they were making plans for their 1 year anniversary tomorrow.

"yeah after we go out for dinner, we will watch insidious and then bake those cookies!" his girlfriend, della replied ecstatically.

"alright babe, well the finals for the WWC is about to start so am i alright to leave you for the night." hesitantly hovering his finger over the decline button, he waited patiently for his girlfriends response.

"yeah that's fine, just message me when you're about to go to sleep, i love you." her sweet smile spoke volumes through the phone.

"i love you too baby, goodnight." he ended the phone and placed it down on the couch besides him. his eyes immediately darted to the screen, not daring to leave it for anything.

suddenly a door slammed upstairs making him jump out of his skin, "who the fuck is it?"

(the thing about kurt lockner is he is nice to nobody but his girlfriend, anyone else would describe him as an inconsiderate dick.)

but there was no response to his question. unwillingly pressing the pause button on the tv, he raised his voice once again, "which one of you fuckers decided to take the piss today?"

whatever was lurking upstairs was still being completely unresponsive.

the fact he kept getting no response was only adding fuel to his fire, causing him to get even more confident in himself. pushing his weight off of the couch and strutting over to the bottom of the stairs, he fumed with rage.

but the second he reached the first step, the door slammed again, pushing him over the edge. he screamed, "alright douchebag, i'm coming up now so you better be fucking ready!"

taking strideful steps up the staircase, he became slightly unnerved, this has happened twice and both times he got to this position he heard them scuttling away in fear.

"right-" his sentence was interrupted by a dark figure jumping in front of the step he was on. kurt froze with sheer fear on his face as his eyes flickered down to the dagger, it's edges glimmering with dried blood.

the figure, clearly skilled, instantly plunged their knife into the core of his stomach. with his now lack of balance, he grabbed onto the sleeve of the perpetrator, like it was his last hope and it caused them both to go tumbling down, kurt's head bouncing off each and every step.

"fuck." he groaned into the floor, his face scrunched in quivering pain. lifting his head up, the figure in the mask was nowhere to be found. but their knife? still very present in the boy's stomach. the blade still itching into his skin.

reaching down towards his stomach, he gripped the handle of the knife, preparing himself to pull it out when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

his heart plummeted.

turning his head to face whatever was holding his shoulder, he saw a large white mask with a gaping mouth, almost mirroring his frightened expression.