Warning

[November-XX-2045]

"H-help.. me.."

The brunette smiled as he reached for the injured forehead. "Relax now, dear. I can help you. I need you to relax, no need to be tense. I'll take care of you, I promise."

The young medic proceeded to tend to the deep slash wounds on the small child's leg. With all his might, he continued to suppress the heartache of the fact that this child's experience was beyond nightmare. He's just a child. Child or not, no one deserves to experience such realistic hell.

Oh no, he felt like crying again.

He should be used to this by now. He just can't fathom the pain every child he treats. "Are.. you alright?" The medic snapped out of his thoughts to which he thanked him internally. He quickly makes up a smile to reassure the child, "Yup, thank you for asking. Don't waste your breath, I need you to be strong on this one. I'll tighten it a bit because it is important and it helps to stop the bleeding, can I trust you with that?"

After tending to the only child that has a really bad wound, as much as he doesn't want to listen to the meeting, he had to pay attention.

"Three children that have been recently shipped here died. 23 are injured, including that child with a grave wound and the rest are physically okay. They are all treated by Zan personally." Pepe reported to the group. The medic clutched on his brown sweatpants in internal, emotional pain.

A tug on his short-sleeved coat caught his attention and there was Gillian, looking at him worriedly. Zan took her hand that was tugging on his coat and smiled.

"Alright, I guess that's it for now. No changes from before, until then stick to what we've been doing until the day has come.. even so, always be prepared. Dismissed." With that, everyone slowly dispersed and went their separate ways to do what they have and need to do.

Gillian waved goodbye to Zan and went on her way to Nigel's. When she was out of his sight, Zan casually made his way to the bathroom. When the door closed behind him, he quickly leaned on the sink and barfed his breakfast.

Tears pricked his eyes as he looked in the shattered, glued together, mirror. Those horrible sights he had seen reminded him of his dream.

The gravely wounded child just had to look like Emma, that made him wanna cry at the thought she'd experience the same as he did. In his dreams, his siblings were mangled, ripped, mercilessly killed in front of him over and over again. This dream started around the start of November.

He doesn't know why he had started dreaming of his siblings. Is this a premonition? A bad omen perhaps? Since he keeps dreaming of it, does it mean they are also coming to kill the family he had here? Is it a sign that something is threatening him and the others? Did something happen at Gracefield? He doesn't know.

Questions filled his answer-hungry mind. The possible questions gave him chills the more he thought about it. He then formed his hands into a basin to hold water and splashed it on his face. Those aren't real, they are just dreams. He hoped.

Zan then went to the sickbay where he's supposed to watch over the patients. It was his turn and he expected either Zack or Oliver, or both of them to be there but they weren't. Seems like today's harvest wore them out but that was okay. It wasn't anything new to him, being alone in the ward.

He made his way to the table and started his own work. The more he flipped through some old papers he had written, the more he realized– "It has been years." Zan sighed as he looked at the ceiling of the room. "How much longer do we have to keep ourselves here? When was 'the time'? Will 'the time' even come?" He muttered to himself.