Want to be

"Run!"

Oliver shouted and the other kids fled at his command. He protected the injured kid out of the retainer demon's sight and remained crouching as the demon was getting closer. Oliver gritted his teeth as he looked for any openings.

A loud bang of a gun was heard and the demon stumbled on its feet, giving them time to scurry and run for it. "Go for it, Oliver! We'll take care of this!" Zack yelled as he awaits its comeback with Violet.

"Thanks! I'll be right back!" Oliver took the chance and fled with the injured kid. "I'll bring you somewhere safe and where you could be treated."

Oliver ended up arriving at a cave where most children are and where Zan is stationed. Looking around him before entering the cave, he let themselves in and softly called out, "Zan." The said person whipped his head around at the call.

The medic immediately took the injured kid from Oliver's arms. "Oh no, what happened to him?"

"He broke a bone or two, on his left leg and right arm." Oliver frowned but kept a serious face. "I see, I'll take care of him."

As soon as the kid was safely put in a recovery position, "I have to go back now."

"Ah, wait-"

Oliver did stop at Zan's request. The medic quickly went to him and gave him a hug. "Please be safe." Surprised, he hugged back. It was questionable but he didn't dare question and just relished the moment. As if sending their husband in a war or something. Pulling away, Oliver cupped Zan's face and caressed his cheeks in a caring way. He was in the heat of the moment when he said this,

"Take care, I will come back to you. Wait for me." He pressed his forehead with the other as the medic held on to both of his arms. "Oliver, you should.. head back now."

Snapped out of his imaginations, he retracted himself from the medic quickly. "Right! Sorry, sorry. I will go now!" The albino ran out of the cave and proceeded to go with others.

Zan watched him leave the cave before turning to the small children with him. They still seemed afraid and that can't be helped. They are newly shipped from Grand Valley and they don't know what's going on. One day, they were happy back at their house and now they are being chased for food. It was a lot to process.

Some kids flocked over the newcomer and took a look at his condition. "Big brother.. Please treat him." A kid cried for him. Zan put his hand over the kid's head and caressed it gently.

His throwup episode is still there and thankfully it was just some broken bones and bruises. He won't have to throw up in front of these children. "You guys can cover your eyes or not watch if you are uncomfortable." The children seemed to sit still and watched.

There were three of them, a girl and two boys. They won't budge so Zan lets them. The kid was holding his whimpers of pain and focused on calming himself down. Zan took note of this and said, "Relax, they won't find us here. As long as we do not make any unnecessary noise, we'll be fine. The guy who saved you earlier and his comrades will save other children as much as they can."

The kid seemed to calm down at the statement. He soon successfully treated the child after a few minutes. He did a quick check up for other injuries and there was none. Zan helped the child sit up, "Are you feeling better?"

The child only nodded. "I see. How about you three? Anywhere painful?" The three shaked their heads. "That's a relief. As we wait for the music to end, how about we know each other? I'll go first. My name is Zan. I am 17 years old." He ended there and urged them to do the same.