Chapter 9

"Joon-Gi what are you doing here?" I spoke, taken back he was outside my workplace. With hand in his pocket he was looking calm as ever.

"I guess your manager hasn't told you yet. I'm dropping you home tonight" Of course, Eunjung has been in contact with Joon-Gi to help my case. Therefore to ensure of my protection I sat on his car seat. The familiar scent of Joon-Gi caused me to reminiscence of his warm touch.

He drove in silence and I couldn't help to think how funny that destiny cause us to meet after two years of separation.

"How have you been Haejin?" He asked, I look at him wondering if it was a question or not.

"Sorry, - aside from the stalker that's haunting you. What has been happening in your life?" I chuckle at how direct his words could be. I know he wanted to catch up and hear how life has been treating me.

"I'm fine, my career is growing and I've been focusing on writing my first book as well." Joon-Gi knows I have a passion to write stories so he was proud at what I've become.

"Also If things goes well, I might land my first acting role!" I spoke in excitement. Eunjung told me the movie director has been discussing my acting debut. I have only done CF and I wanted to challenge myself. I could see a smile that elevated from Joon-Gi.

"I'm happy for you Haejin. I've followed you on Stargram and I could see how life has taken you." He made an account that dedicated to follow me, just to see how things have become.

"Thank you, I'm sure life has been great for you as well" Joon-Gi was a man with few words but it was enough for me to know he still has heavy burden on his shoulder. But knowing where I stand, I couldn't give him my comfort anymore, there's boundaries that has been created.

"So, who is Lomon?" He spoke, mustering his courage to know the guy that has been constantly around me. I was hesitant to answer but knowing we'll see each other often I have to confess.

"He's my best friend" Joon-Gi listen to my short reply before asking.

"Do you like him?" I couldn't answer his words knowing that I do.

"You should tell him. It sounds like the guy like you too" Joon-Gi entered my life in a short amount of time and already sense something between the two of us. I guess his observation as a detective was put into a use.

"Yeah, we'll see" I couldn't ruin our friendship. I was afraid of rejection, after Joon-Gi left it was difficult to open up to others. But Lomon open my feelings one by one like a flower petals.

I just wish Lomon has the same feeling for me. But I was wrong at that thought.

"Excuse me what?!" I stood up from my seat when I heard what Lomon said. Lomon was going to Busan with Yeji and it sank my heart.

"Her dad was hospitalized so Yeji wants me to visit him" I knew they were childhood friends and he has known Yeji parents. But I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. He told me he's going for two days but it was a tough pill to swallow.

"B-but Lomon I-I need you here" I tried to reason out, there's a stalker on the loose and I was scare to not have Lomon by my side. I could tell Lomon was contemplating his decision as he sigh.

"I'll be back before you know it Haejin. I've told Joon-Gi about my absenteeism and as much as I hate it. He'll help you while I'm gone." He explained gripping my shoulder. But I wasn't having it. It was my jealousy that clouded my mind and I hated it.

"Why? Is it because you're her old friend you need to go through this length for her?" I sneered upset at what he has chosen. On the other hand, Lomon was taken back by my bitter attitude.

"It's a tough decision Haejin. But my parents forced me, to strengthen our family relationship. But once I finish I'll come right away to find you" I know he was trying to tell me the truth but I hated his excuse. I should have know I'm just a friend to him and that's why he's being kind to me and Yeji. But I was unease with these feelings.

"Choose Lomon. Me or Yeji" I was being childish and Lomon could see that.

"Come on Haejin, let's not play this game"

"I SAID CHOOSE!" I screamed as tears pour out of my eyes. It isn't easy having an unrequited love for a man like him. It hurts to breathe when he gave me his attention and care. Only to realized I'm just a friend. I wanted him to be mine but why is it so difficult. Why doesn't he reciprocate the love I have for him.

"H-Haejin you're taking this too far" He couldn't choose and that's when I know I lost. Laughing like a maniac with tears around my eyes I point at the door.

"Get out, don't come to my life anymore" I could see the sadness that flash through his eyes. I was speaking hurtful things toward Lomon who didn't deserve this all. Knowing he won't be able to calm me down, he walk out from the door with his back sunken low.

What have I done?