Chapter 12

"Please come forward if you have any information on Lee Hae-Jung" Joon-Gi spoke to the press as I hid in the corner looking at the media recording him.

Putting aside both of our feelings.  Joon-Gi and the police came up with a plan. They decide to go public and ask for their help in finding Hae-Jung. They publish a photo of Hae-Jung to raise an awareness. With the news went viral, my name become the headline of every news station. I wasn't proud of the whole ordeal, it's a pitiful news that almost kill me.

People were showing me their support and some was hate, thinking that the situate is fake. My management was enjoying it as my schedule become hectic. However, underneath this I was a scare girl.

"Hemi.." It's been a few days since I stay at Hemi's place. I couldn't handle Lomon coming to my apartment nor Joon-Gi. I needed a break from the two. Blowing my nose on the tissue, Hemi gave me an annoyance look when I told her the story.

"You're unbelievable Haejin. You got two handsome guy chasing you and you're still crying like a lunatic" Hemi was putting some sense into me.

"But Lomon kissed her!" I wailed, knowing that I had fail. She rolled her eyes at how stupid I look.

"Yeji kissed him. How many times should I tell you?! Yeji was the one who told me!" Perhaps I was in denial and didn't want to believe what Hemi said. I was afraid of rejection and I was prolonging my avoidance towards Lomon.

"You need to face them, you can't run away. If you like Lomon you need to understand it's a mistake from Yeji side" This is why Hemi is my friend, she was trying to make me grow as an adult and acknowledge the misunderstanding. Looking at 55 text messages from Lomon I know I have to meet him. 

My heart was pounding on my chest as I waited nervously for Lomon to arrive. We had planned to meet outside the restaurant, and my stomach was filled with anxious as this is the day I will confess to him.

As Lomon approached me with a wide smile it turn into a frown when I heard a commotion behind me. I turned around to see Hae-Jung charging towards me, a long knife glinting in his hand.

I screamed in terror as he lunged at me. But Lomon, seeing the danger, jumped in front, taking the blade instead. I watched in horror as blood starts spreading on his shirt. Hae-Jung runs away as Lomon drop to the floor in pain.

"NO!!"

It was supposed to be a day of judgment whether Lomon was going to reject or accept my love. However, here I was at the hospital with bloods on my hand. Lomon saved me and I hated it, he was putting his life for someone like me. Joon-Gi went to the crime scene while I sat beside Lomon bed, clasping his hand with mine. The doctor said he was going to be fine.

"Why..." but I knew it wasn't fine. My eyes bloodshot from tears and hand trembling. Because of me he has been put in danger. This is the price that I have to paid.

Suddenly, Lomon stirred. His eyelids fluttered open, and he weakly smiled at me.

"Haejin," he whispered. "I'm glad you're here."

"Lomon!! You're awake" I announced, Lomon saw the tears that rolled out of my eyes and brush them off with his thumb.

"You don't have to risk your life for someone like me. So please don't do that" I explained

"I told you, I was going to protect you with all my heart." Lomon just could not stop making me fall for him. His attitude and action always prove me that he is the man that I want.

"Lomon, you can't do this. My heart keeps on beating for you but I know that you only see me as a friend. So please-"

For a moment, Lomon looked surprised, at my outburst. I braced myself for the rejection I thought that was coming.

But then, Lomon interrupted me and leaned in for a kiss on the lips. I felt my heart soar with joy.

"Never doubt my love for you, Haejin," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I've loved you since the day we first met. And I always will."

Tears sprang to my eyes again, but this time, they were tears of happiness. As I gazed into Lomon's eyes.