Mansion.

No.

Estate is the right word that fits the opulent building in front of me. I have been here before with Thandi but I have a feeling that no matter how many times I come here if I ever do, I will never get to used to the size of the Chali mansion.

My bladder is full, I didn't eat anything but the only thing I could stomach was water so I had a lot of it... End result, I feel like I am carrying a bag of water inside of me.

The surrounding is luxurious and plush, everything is in bloom , from the gardens to the lush orchards the place is a breath of fresh and sweet air that I almost take a lungful as I look out the windows of the black SUV when Liam smoothly packs the car.

The trip only took about 20 minutes since the nchanga is near the outskirts of chingola.

Liam and Loyd the other bald guy who had helped fake kidnap me from aunt Dali's place, rode shotgun and I sat in back seat which was a blessing because Liam can talk....

He never runs out of things to say. Right now he's berating Loyd about something but I zoned out a while ago.

He snorts making me turn from the window, as a heavily guarded man gets out of his car. "And why is king dandy wearing furs? He looks like a watered down version of himself."

I sneak a peep at king dandy, he's a famous rap musician countrywide and can't say it out loud but inwardly agree with Liam , the rapper looks washed out. I sit back when I remember that he is Wendell's favorite musician.

Liam shakes his head. "And now Lanez 187 looks like a pimp."

I don't even bother to look as Loyd smacks Liam upside his head.

So the dinner is a going to be full of affluent society no pressure, should have expected this. I mean I am mingling with a Chali.

I take a steady breath . At this point the only thing I should fear is failure.

Failure to bring my mom peace.
For that I am willing to do anything. Even if it's playing arm candy to Azreal 'grumpy' Chali.

We kissed and I know to not expect anything from that situation but the least he could have done was show his face before coming here. So that's what I'm surely supposed to be.... Arm candy.

Why else would he kiss me?

The passenger door opens and a valet holds out a hand to help me out of the car, right when my line of sight crashes right into his. He is standing in the pathway leading to the front door in a form fitting dark suit and he looks like always....... too good looking and out of my league.

Everything has price.

I steel my backbone suck in a deep breath and I take the valet's hand and get out , wobbling a bit on the stiletto death traps heels after I thank her and move forward on the path he is standing. Up close  with his curly dark shiny loose and hanging, he looks like a model and much more younger than he makes himself out to be. Seriously if he wasn't into the mining business , he can live off being a model for the rest of his life.

Side by side we walk in silence. The shoes pinching me all the way.

I break the silence. " So what is my role? what am I supposed to be tonight?"

He doesn't break his confident stride. "  All I need you to be is alive and nothing else."

How is he so calm after what what happened? I'm whole breathy , well... partly because of the heels and my bladder is full but also because we kissed and I don't know.. I expected some sort of emotion from him.. huuh.....He is a frustrating piece of work.