𝗜𝗜𝗜. In Loving Memory Of

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒊𝒊:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE EVENING SUN harshly beamed on Miso's leather jacket clad shoulders. Tears already pooling at her eyes as she somberly stared at the marble grey headstone.

The black italic engraving ─in loving memory of Eunseo Ho─ staring back at her, mocking her if you will, reminding her that she will never have an opportunity to talk the lovely woman who peacefully lay six feet below again.

Given her bittersweet upbringing, the concept of parental love and care was a foreign concept to Miso. She never ─not once─ felt the embrace of her mother, let alone the safety aura of her father.

She couldn't blame them. Their circumstance didn't really foster a loving foundation for the family. That's what she chose to believe anyway. That was until she met Eunseo ─an Angel sent from above. . . her saving grace.

Miso could still remember how her, Eunseo's, face lit up when she awoke from her medically induced coma. So happy and somehow yet so sad.

"Hi mom." She sniffled, tears prickling at her brown eyes. "I. . . I'm twenty three now." She choked. "Didn't think I'd make it this far really." She chuckled bitterly.

"How are you?" A small shiver went down her spine. "Are you keeping warm? It's pretty cold these days. . . with the snow and all."

Miso's eyes shifted to the bouquet of white tulips, Eunseo's favourite flowers, tucked in her arms. She fiddled with one of the petals. "Yangjung contacted me again. Something about Choi needing my help."

"What do you think I should do?" The woman asked the headstone. "I do owe him a lot. But he betrayed me and I. . . I still haven't been able to put it behind me." Her voice dropping towards the end. "Should I go back?"

On cue, a cold wind blew. Softly kissing at her neck as it breezed by. Raising goosebumps in it's wake. Miso hugged her jacket close in a bid to keep the looming cold at bay, keen on not getting sick like last time.

"I. . . I miss you." The Mo girl choked up. "I really miss you. I wish we had more time together."

It was in times like these that words failed the young woman. She had so much to say; but at the same time nothing at all.

In the still silence of the graveyard, time seemed to fly and before Miso could probably wrap her head around the concept of time, the sun began to set, painting it's pink and orange shades throughout the blank canvas that was the sky.

The wind made its appearance again. This time, this time, it felt comforting ─like mother nature's way of telling her you got this kid.

"I'm going to go now." She tucked the few stray black hair strands behind her ears and slipped her black gentle monster sunglasses back on. "It's getting late and I still need to get my birthday cake."

With a sad and bitter smile, Miso turned on her heel and slowly made her way out of the cemetery. Her heart no less heavier than when she came in ─ but at least she got spend the day with the person she loves the most.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

✶ 𝗺𝗶𝘂 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘀 !
for context: eunseo was
miso's guardian whom she
called 'mom' time to time

────────────