𝗜𝗫. Yellow Band-Aids

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒙:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❪ some smut halfway through to the end ❫

A PAINED MOAN escaped Woojin's slightly chapped lips as Miso applied some more neosporin on a cut above his eyebrow. With his palms softly planted on her knees, his hold tightened every so often when the stinging sensation got too much.

He liked it; being so close to Miso like that made him feel calm. You look so cute all focused on me like that. He wanted to say, but opted not to.

Miso, on the other hand, was unbothered ─or at least she tried to appear so. Did she like the way Woojin's eyes followed her every move, trusting her with cleaning up his cuts? Yes. Did she love how his palms never left her thighs, occasionally squeezing them? Oh absolutely.

Suddenly, the vibration from Geonwoo's phone tore through the establishment's graveyard silence. Miso couldn't hear the conversation but the apprehensive look etched on his face told her otherwise.

─ ─ ─ ─ ─

Miso's bike came to a slow stop. She propped the bike on its stand and promptly got off. With heavy steps, she followed the three up the set of stairs and crossed the threshold into the home.

The quartet were greeted by a seated Mr Oh and an older woman who she quickly guessed was Geonwoo's mother. Miso slowly excused herself and walked further into the house, disappearing round the corner.

Like clockwork, she found herself downstairs. It all felt familiar to her, and quite frankly a tad bit overwhelming. She used to go down the very same steps to brief Mr Choi on the little missions he used to send her on. With a brown envelope tightly clutched in her hands, she hand over the findings to the old man who would later 'take care' of the rest.

"Sit down!" A booming voice snapped at her and she found herself seated; her gaze never, not even once, lifting from the floor. She was soon joined by her three friends and Mr Oh.

"I'm sure you're all tired, so I'll keep this short." The old man began. His voice holding its familiar air of authority. "When I first got your call, it felt like the end of the world for me." His eyes trained on the youngest female. "You're my family."

Ouch.

"I was so afraid that I might lose you."

Miso couldn't blame him. The old man had gone through so much and when she walked out on them, Hyeonju was probably all he had left. Did it sting? Yes, but did he no longer see her as part of his family?

"I'll no longer condone you getting hurt. Let the adults handle the rest." He finished to which Geonwoo quickly protested. He wanted to help too. After all, he was also a victim.

"Geonwoo. This isn't a match where someone wins or loses. This is a war that will only end once someone's dead."

He was right. Maybe they were getting too ahead of themselves. She couldn't save everyone. Time has proven that to her, more than once too.

"You two go upstairs." The marines quickly obliged and left the room.

"I'm sorry." Hyeonju breathed; her tone regretful.