Chapter 1- My Kinda Lover

A/N- Trigger warnings for this story include past child abuse, and of course, excessive alcohol and substance abuse. More specific warnings will be added for certain chapters when required.

I also just wanted to add in a quick disclaimer and say that through my research, Vince Neil's parents sounded like nice, decent people. However, this is a fanfic and for the purpose of this story and the plot, I am changing that.

As said in the summary, this fanfic will follow through with the events from The Dirt but with the reader added into the mix. I hope you guys enjoy it xx

-

Growing up, you always knew your big brother Vince had what it took to become a rockstar.

As kids, his favourite place other than the beach was the roller-skating rink where they held lip-synching contests. Vince would drag you there with his surfer buddy John and sign up every time. He'd dress up in flared pants, loud open button polyester shirts, wigs and other accessories he thought rockstars were supposed to wear and you'd help him.

It was during those lip-synching contests where Vince discovered his love for performing. He'd jump around on stage, goofed off, played air guitar and threw the microphone around. The crowd ate it up, and he always won. Always.

It wasn't long before the lip-synching turned into actual singing and your brother had a damn good voice even as a teenager. And not long after that he joined a band. Rock Candy.

It was during one of his performances with the cover band that his path to becoming a rockstar kicked off.

Vince was in the middle of singing his cover for My Kinda Lover on the small stage with his band. You'd sing as a backup singer for Rock Candy occasionally, but this song didn't require it, so you hung by the drinks table swirling your Jack and coke around in a solo cup and listened.

The drink was an important necessity every time Rock Candy performed because you weren't sure how you'd get through watching all those girls fawn over your big brother without it. They were practically throwing themselves on him whenever he performed and although you hated it, Vince absolutely lapped up all the attention from them.

There had been a few incidences where drunk girls got too handsy with him. Pulling at his clothes or jumping on stage just to touch him. One time a woman grabbed his scarf and literally pulled him down into the crowd of crazy females. By the time he managed to get back on stage, half his clothes had been torn off and that was when you stepped in and started ordering people out or breaking noses... usually the latter.

Most women treated your brother like a piece of meat. Like he was nothing more than a toy for them to play with and admire. And Vince, although he would never admit it, he didn't enjoy it all the time.

So, even when not on stage with him, you kept an eye on everything and that was when you spotted the three men.

They stood out amongst the crowd of young people dressed in the bare minimum while they wore leather and dark pants with their jet-black hair. You clocked them the second they walked through the crowd as people who shouldn't be here.

No way guys dressed like that would be interest in listening to Vince's cover band. So, what did they want? Trouble, probably.

You hung back eyeing the men cautiously before they began to make their way over to the drinks stand where you still were. None of them paid you any attention while you leant against the side of the table sipping your drink.

It wasn't like you blended in with the crowd here either, so you couldn't judge the strangers too harshly. Your own tight jeans and leather jacket might as well be a full body suit compared to the other girls crop tops and tiny shorts.