Chapter 16- Crash and Burn

Trigger warning- past child abuse, homophobic language

-

After months and months of nonstop touring. Perform, fly to the next city, perform and repeat with no breaks, it burnt the guys out.

Mötley Crüe were pushing the limits of their sobriety. They were exhausted, so depleted, so devoid of all thought and emotion and it wasn't even the end of the tour yet.

"Lemon drop?" A waitress offered, walking over to Mötley's table at the local club while holding out a tray of brightly coloured shots.

"No, thank you. Just some more waters." Nikki politely declined from across the table.

"This is great." Vince commented sarcastically raising his glass of plain water.

You kicked his boot from under the table causing him to glare at you, but he didn't say anything before leaning back against his chair with a heavy sigh.

The rest of the guys tried to distract themselves from the alcohol by watching the girls dance on the poles at the far side of the club, but that clearly wasn't working for Vince.

Tommy excused himself to try and phone his wife again. But it had been a week straight of not being able to reach Heather due to a busy work schedule and it was taking its toll on the drummer.

"They're keeping us on the road. Fifteen new days in Canada." Nikki informed taking a sip of his drink.

"I haven't seen anything about any new dates." Vince responded with a frown.

"Check your itinerary, man."

"I would, but somebody doesn't think it's important to let the lead fucking singer know what the fuck is going on here." Your brother snapped before aggressively grabbing his glass of water and drinking the last of it.

You glanced between him and Nikki, relieved that the bassist didn't retaliate at your brother's hostile tone. Everyone was getting worn out, tempers were running thin, and it was only a matter of time before someone broke.

"Guys, I fucked up." Tommy announced, right on cue.

He plonked himself down on his seat at the table looking tired and miserable.

"Heather's been all weird and distant and I drank." He admitted guiltily staring down at his hands. "Well, a little. I had one shot and I'm sorry."

"I'm gonna have a fucking cocktail too, man. What are you gonna do about it, Nikki?" Vince challenged.

"Everybody falls off the wagon once in a while-"

"Fuck you, man." Vince cut him off causing Nikki to shoot him a heated look. "Fuck off! Fuck the rest of this tour. It is the No Fucking Fun tour, and I am sick and tired of not having any fucking fun."

"Vince-" You tried to say but he abruptly stood up from his chair and began marching off.

"I don't wanna fucking hear it!"

You watched him walk off in the direction of the bar before Nikki shot to his feet and went after him.

Oh, here we go.

You jumped to your feet as well, Mick and Tommy remaining seated watching on to see what would happen as you rushed across the club towards them.

"Hey, we're not done!" Nikki shouted grabbing Vince's jacket.

Your brother spun around and shoved Nikki in the chest hard causing the bassist to stumble back a step.

"We fucking are, man."