Chapter 2

There was a ball being held tonight but we were supposed to dress as if in a masquerade, courtesy of my father.

The only time I saw him again was during Lunch not even breakfast. If I were allowed to not attend these things, I would never come.

Neither of our names were spoken.

Both of our identities remained unknown.

I noticed how he was being forced into conversations here and there, he showed his attention but he was just faking it.

We were glancing at each other from time to time and then looking elsewhere when the other looked towards them.

I was sitting next to another prince who was clearly trying to strike up a conversation but was hesitating. I didn't bother helping as neither did I want to give him false hope nor did I want to get into a conversation.

I made way towards my room right after the lunch ended. Thank God the lunch tomorrow isn't together with all the other kingdoms. It's not exactly good but it's better than the worse.

-evening-

I am being put into a tight corset which is breaking my ribs.

"I'm sorry your highness, just a bit more" one of my maids said noticing my distress.

Finally after tying my corset, I was put into an elegant beige-brown gown. The back was a bit low, and it was cut around my shoulders. The down portion had a few frills and an embroidery of flowers.

(Imagine this is the dress she's wearing, and the makeup & jewels, and the hair

(Imagine this is the dress she's wearing, and the makeup & jewels, and the hair...you can change it according to your preference as well)

My hair was kept down and my make up was kept a bit more than natural.

Keeping in mind that it was a masquerade, I was given a pretty mask studded with diamonds that was tied around my head

Over all, I looked beautiful.

I had half an hour to myself before making way towards the main balcony where the ball was being held. The stars were covered by oceans of clouds while the pale moonlight shone above.