Chapter 5

The families had gathered at the Autumnvale hill in the early evening. The chairs, round tables and other decoratives were already set along with a really long table full of platters, desserts, fruits, drinks, and whatnot.

The natural beauty of the place was ravaged due to the lavish grandness, according to Ha-eun. 

The princess was sitting at a table at of the ends, trying her best not to lose her posture. She stared at the sky, adoring it as a natural smile crept onto her lips.

The hill truly was beautiful. The few shrubs covered the picnic spot, the grass was soft, lucious and the prettiest shades of green, the butterflies that were here before flew away (lemme guess why... *cough* people *cough*), the small white flowers on the ground stood out along with a numerous daisies.

 *cough* people *cough*), the small white flowers on the ground stood out along with a numerous daisies

(Ha-eun's outfit)

The prince on the other hand was looking at her while trying to cope up with the words the person next to him was saying. Something about how to conduct the commoners.

The young princes of other kingdoms who were running across the place trying to catch the butterflies, were now blowing on the dandelions and chasing after the seeds that were floating in air while the young princesses stayed beside their mothers or surrounded the chocolate fountain, a strawberry in each of their hands, waiting for their turn.

Ha-eun POV

I've always wanted to have a picnic. And this isn't a picnic... It's just showoff at this point.

I stared at the sky, taking in its vibrant colours as I imagined an actual picnic. A small red and white stripped blanket laying on the grass while I was seated and Heeseung lay his head on my lap. The picnic basket filled with fruits, platters, sandwiches,.. beside us along with a bouquet of flowers that he would have given me. The quite, comfortable place fills with giggles, when a purple butterfly made its way to Heesung's nose, sitting there a while before flying away.

And just like the butterfly flew away, I flew back to reality as I heard someone pulling a chair and sitting at the table.

I looked in the direction to see Heeseung sitting one chair away from me with a wide smile while I looked away, not because I was ignoring him but because of the events of the previous night.

As the memory repeated itself in my head. My ears were burning as I bit my lip.

"Darling, don't take away my job from me" he whispered as he leaned ahead and I turned so crimson that I could camouflage with the strawberries in the hands on those princesses.

"Your highness, are you alright?.." Jiyoo asked, coming towards me.

"Yeah- yeah, I am completely fine. Just need some air. I'll be right back" I informed while excusing myself.