Chapter 2, 𝓡𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰

★♪

"𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡"

★♪

|Ch. 2, Rising|

"DISTRICT ONE, probably will be the strongest district you will have to face. Dean and Rosalie, volunteered for the first time, this is their first game." Bennett points to two people on the screen. They seemed confident and cocky, Adam and Dawn can use that against them.

Dawn tilts her head at the screen. "They remind me of Adam." She blurted suddenly.

Adam turns to her and gives her a pointed look. "Why, because they look like me?"

"Not quite, I think it's their confidence."

Bennett snaps his finger at the girl, making her give him a weird look. "We'll get to that, let me continue. Grant and Maribelle, district two. Now, they have won back to back games, I do admit they scare me a little bit." Bennett proceeded to shiver. "Goose and Sonya, district three. I don't think you have to much to worry about."

"Why do you say that." Dawn quirked an eyebrow at the man in front of her.

"They're idiots, won their games from brute strength."

"So we do have to worry about them?"

"No, the two are strong, and that's it. One simple maneuver could end them."

Adam and Dawn looked at each other. The two could sense that the other was smart. They could come up with something in the arena, knock the careers of the podium. The two share a knowing smile, before turning back towards Bennett.

"Whose next?"

District four was one that had Dawn crawling in her seat. The male tribute, Ravi, seemed like he wanted to live up to last year's Victor, who also came from four; Bennett had mentioned him, but Dawn had forgotten his name. He was cocky, but determined. The female tribute also held a confident smile on her face. The other districts reacted the same as they always did. Many tears were spilled and Dawn couldn't blame them either. The young girl was glad she was able to keep it together.

"Confidence," Bennett suddenly stated. "Confidence is an epidemic a lot people try to foreign. Everybody sees you as a target, which gets you killed. People see you as a threat and the ones who won't don't want to become your ally. You can't win these games alone."